Is this normal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
There you go bragging again! Are you going out to harvest your coconuts and bananas??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol surely not harvesting bumper thingys lol oh yeah 41 next Monday

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size

I’m going to be looking. I’m not going to until it warms up a bit but I’m going to be looking.

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size

I’m driving with my daughters to the Dallas area on Friday so one can start her internship. It’s supposed to be -2 as a high. ********. Just ********.

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
We just hit 32, was thinking of putting on my shorts and shoveling the driveway. Maybe some of my chit will start now.
You must be registered for see images

It’s practically balmy here too.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
You must be registered for see images

Yeah, tweeked by the weight of my bumper guards. #suckithonkeydong

I don't believe I've ever seen a round eye, with the black rub strip on the bumper. It almost makes me think it's aftermarket.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I don't believe I've ever seen a round eye, with the black rub strip on the bumper. It almost makes me think it's aftermarket.
Could be one of them fancy pants conversion company’s fancification things. Probably a 3k add on

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size

I believe it was part of the “South of the Border Package”. You’ll note the opera lights, clearance lights, etc. the lighted running boards have been removed although I sort of wish I still had them. I’m starting to think it would have been cool after it’s lowered to have them.

You must be registered for see images attach

I’ve seen the rub strip bumpers in the truck parts catalogs but I never paid attention to the years.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I believe it was part of the “South of the Border Package”. You’ll note the opera lights, clearance lights, etc. the lighted running boards have been removed although I sort of wish I still had them. I’m starting to think it would have been cool after it’s lowered to have them.

I’ve seen the rub strip bumpers in the truck parts catalogs but I never paid attention to the years.

How are you gonna be rockin a Maro when your rockin your pop pops truck, or is a compensation type thing?:D

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
How are you gonna be rockin a Maro when your rockin your pop pops truck, or is a compensation type thing?:D

Hugest truck and baddest ass of Camaros? It’s clearly compensation. Haven’t you ever met a 79 camaro owner???

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Hugest truck and baddest ass of Camaros? It’s clearly compensation. Haven’t you ever met a 79 camaro owner???

Unfortunately, they are about 3 evolutionary ladder rungs up from a Shitstang owner lol
Case in point.

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_K5_Blazer

There was a bunch of them I saw when I googled 79 gmc front bumper. It doesn’t prove its stock but I’m not lone-wolfing it in this case.

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
The other thing I’ve wondered about this truck is the blue part. It was obviously all white (I assume, tag is missing) when it was new. It seems to me this Is more a west coast thing. Most of the trucks I saw with the opposite factory two tone were when I was searching for a truck. California was the majority of them.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_K5_Blazer

There was a bunch of them I saw when I googled 79 gmc front bumper. It doesn’t prove its stock but I’m not lone-wolfing it in this case.

Looking at the grey and white blazer, it appears to have the correct bumper profile for the year, I guess I've just never run across one with that option. I've seen the later blazers/suburbans with them, just never noticed any round eyes before.

The other thing I’ve wondered about this truck is the blue part. It was obviously all white (I assume, tag is missing) when it was new. It seems to me this Is more a west coast thing. Most of the trucks I saw with the opposite factory two tone were when I was searching for a truck. California was the majority of them.

Yeah, blue with the white inset was common, but yours is the first i've seen with the colors reversed. I like it. Looks factory, but stands out because it's different.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmeade