Is this normal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
I took the tube grill out of my 79 C3500 and I’m putting a stock grill in. I didn’t notice the way the trim surrounding the grill fit into the lower filler until I took the old grille out. Does this look right? It doesn’t seem like it to me.

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Looks pretty normal to me. GM was never really known for fit and finish, especially back in the seventies.

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
Looks pretty normal to me. GM was never really known for fit and finish, especially back in the seventies.

Thank you! I will quit worrying about it then.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Yeah, especially if you didn't notice until you were right up on top of it, I wouldn't give it a second thought.

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
The way the tube grill fit it wasn’t obvious. It seems a bit hokey the way it all fits on that filler panel but like you said, it was the 70’s and the biggest concern was producing vehicles not how well they fit together.

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
Nice truck... and absolutely insane shop! If it's not an insult to call an aircraft hanger a shop.

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
Nice truck... and absolutely insane shop! If it's not an insult to call an aircraft hanger a shop.

Thank you! I am pretty lucky to be able to work on my stuff in there. I want to replace the body mount/bushings next but it will be parked in a T-hangar for a while when we bring a Baron in for it's annual inspection. The twins take up some room! That is unless I get a wild hair and take it to the body shop.

If anyone has any experience with replacing the cab bushings on a crew cab please speak up. I have the mounts and I've been douching the bolts and nuts with Kroil. I am not sure it is necessary because the bottom of the cab has zero rust.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
It can’t hurt.......

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
What kind of Baron are you inspecting? I found some pictures the other day on the internet that you may like. This was the P35 that my dad had when I was a kid (owned by someone else now who also took the pics). It had the Bendix King avionics suite, stormscope, some kind of STEC or Century autopilot... It had a Beechcraft prop when he bought it and an IO-470, and he upgraded it to an IO-520BB and a Hartzell conventional three blade. He did the D'Shannon tips on it, which really brought the capacity to what you'd expect out of a modern GA plane. It had other goodies that were hallmark good plane stuff in the 90s, but I can't remember what else. Such a great plane - I'm telling you that thing was in the same league as the nicest V35B.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
What kind of Baron are you inspecting? I found some pictures the other day on the internet that you may like. This was the P35 that my dad had when I was a kid (owned by someone else now who also took the pics). It had the Bendix King avionics suite, stormscope, some kind of STEC or Century autopilot... It had a Beechcraft prop when he bought it and an IO-470, and he upgraded it to an IO-520BB and a Hartzell conventional three blade. He did the D'Shannon tips on it, which really brought the capacity to what you'd expect out of a modern GA plane. It had other goodies that were hallmark good plane stuff in the 90s, but I can't remember what else. Such a great plane - I'm telling you that thing was in the same league as the nicest V35B.

A red one?

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size

That is a sweet plane! I like the V-tails. There was one at HTL that had the tip tanks and weeping edge deice. The guy who owned it was a dick so no one ever got a real close up look at it.

It is a B55. It's a super nice plane too. I will post some pictures when we get it in.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84