I wasn't really a c10 fan...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Melt down you say? Im curious to see exsactly what that means... Sounds hilarious?..

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Oh it is then patty’s get whacked lol

deve05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Diego
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
305 C.I.
Well I am working on 2 at this time a1980 short wheel and a 1986 long bed phantom dually . if you need help with the floors rockers and cab corners come on up I have the toys to put them in .
Ooohhh goodie lmao and here I was waiting to buy the new house with twin garage before i got tearing her up lol Yeah first things i wanna do is fix whats wrong and get her as close to original as I can so I know what she was, and then start modding from there. So its definitely good to know i got someone close with toys that can fix other toys lol thanks for the invite!

74propu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
austin
Truck Year
1974 1980 1986
Truck Model
c10s/b c10 s/b c10l/b
Engine Size
5.3 / ?/454 tbi

deve05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Diego
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
305 C.I.
Oh it is then patty’s get whacked lol
Hehe yeah well i wont be asking any dumb questions till my Silverado is up and running and I dont need this as a daily... Then Ill start turning the square into little pieces of a square...hehe chop chop

74propu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
austin
Truck Year
1974 1980 1986
Truck Model
c10s/b c10 s/b c10l/b
Engine Size
5.3 / ?/454 tbi
Ooohhh goodie lmao and here I was waiting to buy the new house with twin garage before i got tearing her up lol Yeah first things i wanna do is fix whats wrong and get her as close to original as I can so I know what she was, and then start modding from there. So its definitely good to know i got someone close with toys that can fix other toys lol thanks for the invite!

Garage what is that I work in the yard out of a shed

74propu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
austin
Truck Year
1974 1980 1986
Truck Model
c10s/b c10 s/b c10l/b
Engine Size
5.3 / ?/454 tbi
Hehe yeah well i wont be asking any dumb questions till my Silverado is up and running and I dont need this as a daily... Then Ill start turning the square into little pieces of a square...hehe chop chop

Well what is your long term plans for the truck???

deve05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Diego
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
305 C.I.
Not yet he hasn’t earned it yet he’s being a good newb lol
I wanna see the humor tho....sooo... Uuhhmm... Annoying noob question, annoying noob question, let me think... Oh oh i know! ... ahem... How can I convert my truck to manual transmission?? I dont know what it has now but its automatic. =P there... Will you post it now?? Hehe

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I already have, everything looks original and unmolested, even tie rods and ball joints. I have the original alternator and i took it to a Chevy dealership and an old parts guy ran the part number serial on it(the sticker on it says its a GM part but i thought maybe it was a dealer replacement) and he told me the manufacture code on it points to it being made in 1983, my trucks an 84. So the alternator is original, I dont think a factory alternator lasting 167k but maybe 67k... Soo it might be the actual.

I would tend to believe you have an original low mileage piece there, great find...

deve05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Diego
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
305 C.I.
Well working in dealerships I am bored out of my mind with fuel injection, and ive done three ls and lq swaps so Im gonna be sticking to Carburetor partly cuz I wanna learn about it more and partly cuz im just bored of fuel injection. My plans are to make it into a pro touring-ish kinda body/suspension setup with a twin screw supercharged 454 mated to a T56 from a 98 camaro I have in my garage. I havnt made up my mind on anything else other than I want to keep it simple and go with twin screw supercharger, and I'm using the T-56 cuz i already have it. I have a 454 Mercruiser block from when I used to work on boats, and a little diggin has pointed to me being able to use it, not 100% set on that tho. Oh and I absolutely do not care how much anyone says turbos are better or whatever I want to keep it simple old school power.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I wanna see the humor tho....sooo... Uuhhmm... Annoying noob question, annoying noob question, let me think... Oh oh i know! ... ahem... How can I convert my truck to manual transmission?? I dont know what it has now but its automatic. =P there... Will you post it now?? Hehe

If you look hard enough you’ll find it lol

deve05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Diego
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
305 C.I.
I would tend to believe you have an original low mileage piece there, great find...
Thanks I sure hope so, Im the third owner of the truck, and its always lived in Tampa and in Hillsborough Florida. The guy i traded the bike for it, had only had it a month, and he quit on it when he found out a cylinder was dead, so Im hoping its fairly unmolested. Specially it being a long bed which no one likes.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Thanks I sure hope so, Im the third owner of the truck, and its always lived in Tampa and in Hillsborough Florida. The guy i traded the bike for it, had only had it a month, and he quit on it when he found out a cylinder was dead, so Im hoping its fairly unmolested. Specially it being a long bed which no one likes.

I like long beds short beds are for purse carriers

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Well working in dealerships I am bored out of my mind with fuel injection, and ive done three ls and lq swaps so Im gonna be sticking to Carburetor partly cuz I wanna learn about it more and partly cuz im just bored of fuel injection. My plans are to make it into a pro touring-ish kinda body/suspension setup with a twin screw supercharged 454 mated to a T56 from a 98 camaro I have in my garage. I havnt made up my mind on anything else other than I want to keep it simple and go with twin screw supercharger, and I'm using the T-56 cuz i already have it. I have a 454 Mercruiser block from when I used to work on boats, and a little diggin has pointed to me being able to use it, not 100% set on that tho. Oh and I absolutely do not care how much anyone says turbos are better or whatever I want to keep it simple old school power.

Sounds like a great plan.:waytogo: BTW, only difference in a boat engine is extra cylinder wall clearance, no reason you can't use it I've done it several times, lol..

deve05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Diego
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
305 C.I.
Here's the 454 block I mentioned, thats when I found it. Yes it looks rough and like a piece of turd, but what your looking at is actually a race boat block, that came originally equipped with Comp Cams goodies, like cam, rods, pistons (not everything Comp brand) it actually spins freely and after a visit to the machine shop i think it'll work great. It has a Comp Cams certification placard on one of the valve covers.
You must be registered for see images
You must be registered for see images attach

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigboytko