I wasn't really a c10 fan...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Something cool tho, the other day I was sweeping it out and found these under the bench. Not sure if originals but they sure look old.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
I got the owner's manual and bill of sale for my Burb too, that is cool...

deve05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Diego
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
305 C.I.
I got the owner's manual and bill of sale for my Burb too, that is cool...
The old man told me the 67k on it where original miles, but seing as they only read to 99999k Im kinda split on believing him or not, the condition of the bench seat makes me think it aint had someone sitting on it a lot, but then the condition of the body and interior makes me think it might be more like 167k... Idk.

deve05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Diego
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
305 C.I.
The old man told me the 67k on it where original miles, but seing as they only read to 99999k Im kinda split on believing him or not, the condition of the bench seat makes me think it aint had someone sitting on it a lot, but then the condition of the body and interior makes me think it might be more like 167k... Idk.

But then again it has absolutely no suspension noises and the steering wheel has absolutely zero play, nothing clunks or pops no matter what you do with the steering or how bumpy the road is and just goes quiet down the road on what looks to me like original or very old components, no obvious differences in color that point to recent replacement.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
But then again it has absolutely no suspension noises and the steering wheel has absolutely zero play, nothing clunks or pops no matter what you do with the steering or how bumpy the road is and just goes quiet down the road on what looks to me like original or very old components, no obvious differences in color that point to recent replacement.

He could be telling the truth, take a look under there and see if it looks original or if it has new parts..

74propu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
austin
Truck Year
1974 1980 1986
Truck Model
c10s/b c10 s/b c10l/b
Engine Size
5.3 / ?/454 tbi
Hello from just a hour north . good looking c10 to start with Will be fun to watch what you do with it:popcorn:

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
And just for the record a console made for a Blazer or Burb with bucket seats WILL NOT fit between the dash and bench seat.

deve05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Diego
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
305 C.I.
He could be telling the truth, take a look under there and see if it looks original or if it has new parts..
I already have, everything looks original and unmolested, even tie rods and ball joints. I have the original alternator and i took it to a Chevy dealership and an old parts guy ran the part number serial on it(the sticker on it says its a GM part but i thought maybe it was a dealer replacement) and he told me the manufacture code on it points to it being made in 1983, my trucks an 84. So the alternator is original, I dont think a factory alternator lasting 167k but maybe 67k... Soo it might be the actual.

deve05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Diego
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
305 C.I.
And just for the record a console made for a Blazer or Burb with bucket seats WILL NOT fit between the dash and bench seat.
Im guessing thats a frequently asked "new to the forum question" lmao dont worry, id never signed up for forums before but ive used them through google and over the years I've learned what guys in forums dont like...for instance: "Hi im new to the forum, so i want to buy a 1987 C10 next year, and i want to swap a 454 in it and make 1300 horses, should i go twin turbo or supercharged. Any help would be appreciated." That kinda guy is typically hated and also the guy that doesnt use the search feature for something theres tons on info on...like "How do I swap a 454 if i have a 305." Lol so dont worry, if I ever post a thread asking something it'll either be cuz I've scrutinized the internet looking and havnt found it, or its a very specific question regarding my specific truck that I need help on. So dont worry lol i wont be that guy asking if a console fits if its been answered a million times lol

74propu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
austin
Truck Year
1974 1980 1986
Truck Model
c10s/b c10 s/b c10l/b
Engine Size
5.3 / ?/454 tbi
:rofl: ass he seed he worked for dealer ships just not on old stuff . think we can coach him up on working on real steel :argue:

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
:rofl: ass he seed he worked for dealer ships just not on old stuff . think we can coach him up on working on real steel :argue:
I figured I’d nip that on right off the bat. You know benefit of the doubt type of thing

deve05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Diego
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
305 C.I.
Hello from just a hour north . good looking c10 to start with Will be fun to watch what you do with it:popcorn:
Hello there! One hours nothing! If ye ever need any help on a project lemme know, I love working on ****... I take payments in beer! =P

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Im guessing thats a frequently asked "new to the forum question" lmao dont worry, id never signed up for forums before but ive used them through google and over the years I've learned what guys in forums dont like...for instance: "Hi im new to the forum, so i want to buy a 1987 C10 next year, and i want to swap a 454 in it and make 1300 horses, should i go twin turbo or supercharged. Any help would be appreciated." That kinda guy is typically hated and also the guy that doesnt use the search feature for something theres tons on info on...like "How do I swap a 454 if i have a 305." Lol so dont worry, if I ever post a thread asking something it'll either be cuz I've scrutinized the internet looking and havnt found it, or its a very specific question regarding my specific truck that I need help on. So dont worry lol i wont be that guy asking if a console fits if its been answered a million times lol

I don’t hate them guys they are fun especially once they begin to melt down:flamingdevil:but searching is always gonna or before posting redundant questions

deve05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Diego
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
305 C.I.
I don’t hate them guys they are fun especially once they begin to melt down:flamingdevil:but searching is always gonna or before posting redundant questions
Melt down you say? Im curious to see exsactly what that means... Sounds hilarious?..

74propu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
austin
Truck Year
1974 1980 1986
Truck Model
c10s/b c10 s/b c10l/b
Engine Size
5.3 / ?/454 tbi
Hello there! One hours nothing! If ye ever need any help on a project lemme know, I love working on ****... I take payments in beer! =P

Well I am working on 2 at this time a1980 short wheel and a 1986 long bed phantom dually . if you need help with the floors rockers and cab corners come on up I have the toys to put them in .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bhardiman1