Help to locate or proper name to find particular rear bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boone83K10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Benjamin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I've seen a bumper like that before, but can't for the life of me recall what it was on.
I swear it is a van bumper...but I haven't been trying to find out. The top is rough cut for notches under the tail lights...like PO fab this thing up.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

DanMcG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
1978 1985
Truck Model
k10 k10
Engine Size
400 350
Is this what we're talking about? I found the pic on facebook, its not mine, but I like the style too.

Attachments

• bumper.jpg
    bumper.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 107

jetman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Hey guys,
So my first upgrade for the 86 is going to be a specific bumper. I can't seem to find the name or the few pictures I've seen of them. They are, or so I think more common out west TX/CO/WY/NV area. They are chrome/stainless, and are thinner at the bed corner (like a stock bumper) then fatten up going towards where the trailer hitch would be. Usually its one pice of smooth metal and I have always called them ranch hand bumpers. They look sharp, but can't seem to find a online vendor.

Thank ahead of time.

Is this what you are looking for?
You must be registered for see images attach

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Is this what we're talking about? I found the pic on facebook, its not mine, but I like the style too.

That one looks similar to a Mr PickUp bumper. But there were other companies who manufactured those drop hitch bumpers too.

1986ChrisK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
It is kinda close, but no padding and when it drops to the ball/hit area its straight down.

1986ChrisK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Dan, Sorry didnt, see your post till after I posted my earlier reply. That is exactly what I am searching for.

da_raabi

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
This came on my dooley when I got it a couple years ago. I've never seen any labeling or stamping on it though, so I have no idea who makes it.

I know they call them "drop hitch bumpers" though.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
This came on my dooley when I got it a couple years ago. I've never seen any labeling or stamping on it though, so I have no idea who makes it.

I know they call them "drop hitch bumpers" though.

That one does look alot like a MrPickUp bumper but there were so many that copied that or did one like it's hard to say for certain. Being an AR truck and so close to OK, very well might be.

da_raabi

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
That one does look alot like a MrPickUp bumper but there were so many that copied that or did one like it's hard to say for certain. Being an AR truck and so close to OK, very well might be.

Well she's a FL truck now, but yeah that's where she came from. I've been meaning to get a Carfax on her to see her complete history... if such a thing exists!

These bumpers are nice to have though. It was a personal requirement when we bought this old girl.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ls85c10man