Good Front suspension kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kidego31

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 silverado
Engine Size
Getting ready to take apart my truck and start the resto on it. I am trying to get all my parts (we all know there will still be a bunch of trips to the parts store) ahead of time. Anyone have a recommendation on a kit for ball joints, tie rods, A-arm bushings. Basically a whole front end kit. I have searched around and found a bunch,but has anyone one found one that is good quality?

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
What is the purpose of the truck, like what’s its main use gonna be? Work, play, cruiser?

kidego31

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 silverado
Engine Size
It more for play. It is going to be my daily driver

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
Its not a kit per say but get all Moog stuff from your preferred vendor. Rock auto or Amazon will be cheapest. For a-arm bushings go to energy suspension an get the black graphite impregnated ones. That's going to be the best for your money imo

kidego31

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 silverado
Engine Size
Thanks for the input

MikeB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Good advice above. Most of the kits you'll find use cheap parts like ball joints that creak, grease boots that crack easily, and even tapered studs that aren't machined quite right. You will not have that problem with Moog parts, no matter where they are made. BTW, a lot of cheap imported parts use Moog P/Ns, but no way that means they are made by Moog.

I actually found some tie rods ends at Autozone that were USA-made by a Federal Mogul company. (Moog?) The boxes looked pretty old, so I expect they had been sitting on warehouse shelves for many years.

You must be registered for see images

Gdub

Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
I actually found some tie rods ends at Autozone that were USA-made by a Federal Mogul company. (Moog?)

Yes, Federal Mogul is the parent co. of Moog. They also own Anco (wiper blades), Champion (spark plugs, etc.), Wagner (brakes, etc.), Fel-Pro (gaskets), and a couple of other well-known parts brands.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
87R10_Cruising