Getting ready for winter..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Normally that heat tube off the exhaust manifold is usually just to help the thermostatic air cleaner. IF you are not using the thermostatic air cleaner the riser tube of the exhaust is about pointless.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Unless it's my dad or my brother there is NO ONE else driving my truck!

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Unless it's my dad or my brother there is NO ONE else driving my truck!

yeah, that is who I am reffering to. Noone else is driving my trucks. Maybe a chick sometimes, if she sleepin in my bed. The ex drove my trucks occasionally, but she usually had her truck or SUV, so unless she wanted drive something differant for a day, she didn't drive my truck.

EDIT: DOH or my kids. My 14 yo son loves driving, but thats when I am with him, and my 22yo daughter used it to move.

Last edited:

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
I cringe when my wife drives my pickup. She is getting better but its still scary as hell.

I had an ex that destroyed a brand new paint job I did, I blacked out my windows on a 96 dodge Dakota I was building and just finished my 6 month blue metallic paint job. Right off the bat she backed over someones wall with the truck and destroyed the bed. After that she destroyed a new "american racing baja" and low profile tire by driving on it flat.

Same girl managed to crash my street bike into me and then into a wall.

Dont let lady folks drive anything you love. After my truck is painted I am the only driver.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
Engine Size
350/350/454
My wife doesn't even want to drive my truck because she's scared she'll do something to it on accident :)

nxtlevl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
My wife doesn't even want to drive my truck because she's scared she'll do something to it on accident :)

My wife was the same way with the SS...She drove my lifted Z-71 once IIRC. I don't think she has ever driven any of the other vehicles tho...

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
Engine Size
350/350/454
I encourage my wife to drive my GP because it keeps miles off the burb, gets better mpg, and if she does something to mess it up I don't really care that much!! :) the sooner it wears out the sooner I get to go get a truck to DD:)

Other than that, though, she's rarely driven any of my other vehicles in the past for one reason or another.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I encourage my wife to drive my GP because it keeps miles off the burb, gets better mpg, and if she does something to mess it up I don't really care that much!! :) the sooner it wears out the sooner I get to go get a truck to DD:)

Other than that, though, she's rarely driven any of my other vehicles in the past for one reason or another.

The ex and I never really had our own vehilces. We just knew which one drove what most of the time, so reffered to them by name and we both had keys to both or should say all 4. At one time we had 3 car payments, 2 of them over $500 each and another at $300 plus insurance and 2 vechicles paid for. Those were the days. I was rockin the eBay biz back then before it got so saturated and eBay got greedy. The can lick my sack now. Someone other than CL needs to give them some competition.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
Engine Size
350/350/454
Well, since my wife is a stay at home mom technically all of the vehicles are mine but 'her' car is considered to be the burb and 'mine' is the GP and the truck (which she'll never drive). The burb gets driven maybe 5,000 miles a year so not much at all.

Jaymez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
I have two requirements for driving my vehicles.

1) You must show respect for vehicles in general.

2) You have to be able to cover the insurance deductible.

If those two requirements are met, I'll consider letting you drive my vehicles.
Although, I will admit, I will let someone borrow my Grand Prix before they can borrow my truck. Then again, nobody outside of family has ever asked to borrow my truck. Anyone else borrows me with it!

My wife loves her Sport Trac and does her best to take care of it. Yeah, it's not spotless, but, no vehicle that gets driven stay that way. She gets pissed off when it gets scratched.

The only thing I won't let her do, not that she would, is take my Nova grocery shopping. If she says she can handle the lack of power steering and brakes, I'm not going to second guess her.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I have two requirements for driving my vehicles.

1) You must show respect for vehicles in general.

2) You have to be able to cover the insurance deductible.

If those two requirements are met, I'll consider letting you drive my vehicles.
Although, I will admit, I will let someone borrow my Grand Prix before they can borrow my truck. Then again, nobody outside of family has ever asked to borrow my truck. Anyone else borrows me with it!

My wife loves her Sport Trac and does her best to take care of it. Yeah, it's not spotless, but, no vehicle that gets driven stay that way. She gets pissed off when it gets scratched.

The only thing I won't let her do, not that she would, is take my Nova grocery shopping. If she says she can handle the lack of power steering and brakes, I'm not going to second guess her.

Does your Nova have manual steering and brakes, is it power and those things just disconnected. If they are manual steering box, and manual brakes, I'd bet she can handle it with a warm up drive to understand there is a differance. I'd love to have a non power steer 70-72 Nova. Can't have a big block and power steering in those Nova's. It won't fit, so gotta go manual steer box. Granted, I am reffering to OEM. Likely some aftermarket arrangements by now that you can have power steering.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
I am looking over some old threads as winter is around the corner, any of you buy one of these heaters?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
12turnda