Fuel system choice for new 350 crate engine for 87 blazer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Right on. Weber it is then. I drove a 67 c10 a lot of miles with a 350 1 barrel a ton of miles.

Correction: 2 barrel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had a 63 Biscayne with a 283 and 2 barrel, it did run good and reliable, lol..

roundhouse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
justin
Truck Year
77,78,79,80 ?
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I actually like two barrels
My 71 Firebird has a stock 350 with a 2bbl and it would absolutely fly

My 74 bronco had a 351W 2bbl and was plenty of power

Best thing about a 4 bbl is the SOUND
nothing in the world sounds better than a 4 bbl on the floor

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
How about I help you out on the next one.. I'll hold back and you can turn loose.. :cheers:
You’re a real pal if you’d do that for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

K5Blazerboy87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer Silverado
Engine Size
So are the holley tbi good? do they even make the proms for ecm and stuff Idk I was just thinking about swap to carb better performance and reliable if is it easy the swap im not useing tbi 350 id just get normal 350 crate I want some horsepower but I want something reliable.

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
If you havent connected a laptop to the truck to figure out what is wrong with the TBI or aren't willing to just put a carb on it. You will need to connect a laptop for the stock tbi and unless you buy an aftermarket with a hand held programmer you will still need a laptop.

bman1985

Reaction score
First Name
Brendon
Truck Year
Truck Model
c1500
Engine Size
I replaced my qjet with a summit brand 600 on the 350 on my truck.I drive it maybe twice a year. Sometimes pulling a boat. It runs great starts every time 100 degree summer day, 20 degree cold day doesn't matter. Just have to adjust the idle speed depending on the season. I'd consider it very reliable and trouble free.

TBI is good too if you can iron out your problems. Engines last longer with EFI.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Ok maybe I’m way off here but how does EFI make an engine last longer?

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Ok maybe I’m way off here but how does EFI make an engine last longer?
You see? You're gonna regret all those nasty things you said about TBI. lol

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
Ok I thought I missed something.
people say excess fuel from carb(can't be perfectly adjusted for all parameters) causes fuel wash on cylinder. just one reason I've heard. I have seen in a couple shows and magazines who've pulled different setups apart after some miles say the efi stuff has less ring and bearing wear from less raw gas in the cylinder. supposedly, all other factors being equal, having optimal AFR will prolong engine life. I couldn't say either way as I just learned my ass from my elbow recently. I'm still not 100% on it.

K5Blazerboy87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer Silverado
Engine Size
Code 42 electronic spark timing idle weird I gotta barely put my foot on the gas to start on old starts but ethier or I'm putting new motor in it but how do I connect lap top to it? With it being obd1?

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
people say excess fuel from carb(can't be perfectly adjusted for all parameters) causes fuel wash on cylinder. just one reason I've heard. I have seen in a couple shows and magazines who've pulled different setups apart after some miles say the efi stuff has less ring and bearing wear from less raw gas in the cylinder. supposedly, all other factors being equal, having optimal AFR will prolong engine life. I couldn't say either way as I just learned my ass from my elbow recently. I'm still not 100% on it.
If you're washing down cylinders with a carb, you either have a phuckd up carb or a very unadjusted carb, or both. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djisurfli