Fuel system choice for new 350 crate engine for 87 blazer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
If you're washing down cylinders with a carb, you either have a phuckd up carb or a very unadjusted carb, or both. :D
Maybe the theory came out when the tbi setup was new. You can't wear it out if you can't drive it. Of course you should take that statement for what it's worth because my only experience with tbi not working correctly is on here and all the trucks that just won't run right.

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
If you're washing down cylinders with a carb, you either have a phuckd up carb or a very unadjusted carb, or both. :D

...or I could drive from my house with a properly adjusted carb in the cool morning hours at ~1500 feet elevation to my favorite fishing spot an hour away at 8000 feet elevation and be running way too rich. this is a common scenario for myself and one reason I went efi. carbs can be fairly sensitive to elevation and temperature changes. I have to re-jet my carbureted dirt bikes almost every ride due to elevation change. one reason I love my newer efi bike.

however, it's "Red Sticker and cannot be ridden year round in CA state parks, so I keep some older "green sticker bikes that are still carbed, but can be run year round at state parks. even though the carb will be at a sub-optimal AFR more often than not and therefore have more harmful emissions...go figure, lol.

I'd say if you live in Florida, there isn't hardly any elevation change to worry about; you'd be set. my truck when driven, regularly goes from sea level to 10,000+ feet, so it became an issue for my purposes.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EazyT