Froze BBC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
or build an engine stand would be kind of handy to have
Just make a quickie one that's low to the ground and wide based out of 4x4s and strap the engine to it to run it atleast threw a heat cycle.

Last edited:

ajd89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
or build an engine stand would be kind of handy to have

Just make a quickie one that's low to the ground and wide based out of 4x4s and strap the engine to it to run it atleast threw a heat cycle.

Start it before installing.

Duh! Why didn't I think of that! I could just put it back in the frame...only issue with that plan is I can hook up the fuel lines and pump and I've got the exhaust still can prob make that work good enough even with the busted bolts. But I'd need to get a radatior I scrapped all the ones I had and I'm not sure how it would work with the TBI I have the computer and the whole wiring harness I guess I could figure it out I have some manual gauges I could hook up to.

First time using this multi quote let's see if it works

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
This is my running stand 3 sections, when I'm done I just hang it on the wall out of the way, note the neighbor friendly exhaust system, LOL..

You must be registered for see images attach

ajd89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
This is my running stand 3 sections, when I'm done I just hang it on the wall out of the way, note the neighbor friendly exhaust system, LOL..

Thats pretty sweet! How loud is it? At least you have mufflers on it. To bad mines tbi I feel like I'm gonna have to hook that all up to get it to run for a decent amount of time

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Thats pretty sweet! How loud is it? At least you have mufflers on it. To bad mines tbi I feel like I'm gonna have to hook that all up to get it to run for a decent amount of time
Thanks, they're just cheapo turbo mufflers but they're not bad, I never had a complaint while breaking in a cam for a half hour, lol.. Nice thing about it you can work on it, you can take it down to bare block if you have to.. Just to run it on the stand I wouldn't mess with that TBI ****, just throw a carb and distributor on it, put the TBI on when you drop it in the truck.

ajd89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Ya i don't got one ill have to hit up gramps he probably has one I can barrow then an adapter for the tbi to carb and a fuel regulator should be good

1980Spartan

Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size

This is legit. I'd just hit the like button, but it deserves some more recognition. Well done!

da_raabi

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
Man you are over thinking things. Plop the engine into the frame, use a couple exhaust flex pipes to get the exhaust away from you, run a water hose to a heater nipple and use an old shop vac hose to pipe the water OUT the water pump INLET, run a couple fuel hoses from your pump into a little 1 gallon fuel can and fire it up! Did that with the 454 I pulled out of an RV for my Camaro... Worked damn good too!

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Daveo91Burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
V2500 Silverado Suburban
Engine Size
Vortec 383, modified TBI/4L80e
Last page or two of my engine build thread has details of my home built run stand. Very simple, no cooling, muffling, permanent fueling system (gravity fed!), or gauges except oil pressure. Pretty ghetto to build a run stand out of 2x4s and 4x4s I know, but it works and it's rock solid. For cooling I just poured water down the water neck until it came out the water pump holes - I'm only running it for a minute or so at a time.

http://www.gmsquarebody.com/threads/383-vortec-tbi-build-thread.17772/

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Could go really low buck.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Fwiw, the rest of this video series shows some real old school methods of getting an old engine running again.

ajd89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I will check it out. Yea prob be easier if it was an old carb motor that's forsure but being the tbi it's gonna take a little more. I like the garden hose idea tho if you don't got a radiator. Id like it to run for a bit not just spudder on some gas down the intake. Thanks for all the great help hoping after hunting season to figure out what's up with it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshuOne