front diff./axle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
not sure if it'd even work everyone says no but if anyone has a stock steering arm let me know, I'd let to get one to see if I can work something out besides crossover.

or even a raised one maybe.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I think the steering geometry would be horrible. As much as folks make fun of it, I think a far better option is to flip the tie rod and run a drag link to the stabilizer hole. You could keep your stock steering box/sector shaft too.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
that's what Curt and I were just discussing. I was looking at options though, seeing if the stock arm would even work, if so I could do things to make it better geometry, they have spacers, drop pitman's drop drag links etc.

I had even considered seeing if the stock tie rod setup would double as a drag link, meaning buy another one, get the 44 knuckle and such, and use it instead of dom tubing and inserts.

if I have to run dom and inserts no big deal for me, the knuckle is what I'm trying to avoid lol.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rotti_rancher