Ford Trash Talk Thread lol

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jawzjeep

Honk if parts fall off
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
What the heck? So I find this 'fords suck' thread and I'm like sweet I'll check it out. I go back 3 pages and read to current and... mostly clucking about hood struts? Sheesh.

I'm gonna go read from the beginning now in hope of some good trash talk. My 76 F250 in the driveway is laughing at you. Hood springs and all.:Moon:

Unless I missed it we need a stir up **** emoji, lol.

squaredeal91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg bush
Truck Year
1991 SB
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
5.9 Cummins 12 valve
I've been doing major repairs on newer Toyotas not 4 cylinder and I'm cussing the f o r d all the time on these things. The fird 5.4- 3 valve vvt is so lame that if you turn the engine counter clockwise it will skip time and bend valves if started.

squaredeal91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg bush
Truck Year
1991 SB
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
5.9 Cummins 12 valve
Friends got a crew cab f1$hitty with xtra short fiberglass bed. Gets 5mpg less and turning radius sucks worse than 99 much longer suburban.

Jawzjeep

Honk if parts fall off
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
Well I have to admit right now I'm only five pages in and there's some better stuff so maybe I was wrong. Love the mustang cracks. Of course I have to have one too dammit. I get around.

Jawzjeep

Honk if parts fall off
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
Friends got a crew cab f1$hitty with xtra short fiberglass bed. Gets 5mpg less and turning radius sucks worse than 99 much longer suburban.
The wife drove one like that of her moms. Can't remember the year but it was the twin turbo V6 one. She hated parking that thing.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
30 years in automotive and I know just how to fix this problem!
You must be registered for see images attach

Below, problem solved!
You must be registered for see images attach
think of how expensive aluminum cans for anyything are drink wise right now and rmemeber why they are that expensive.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I've been doing major repairs on newer Toyotas not 4 cylinder and I'm cussing the f o r d all the time on these things. The fird 5.4- 3 valve vvt is so lame that if you turn the engine counter clockwise it will skip time and bend valves if started.
Pretty sure that's the same on the 2 valve 5.4 and the 4.6's also. All are ZERO CLEARANCE engines. Commonly reffered to as the modular motors. And nothing modular about them. Being modular has to do with the manufacturing plants like the Romeo plant and the Windsor plant. So when they are making these engines, from what was told there, there is like square modules on wheels that they slide into place that has all the tooling for whichever engine they happen to be manufacturing at the time. When they've made enough of that model, it's time to start on another module, they role those tooling modules out and put them away, and role in the tooling modules for the next model engine. How true? Don't even know. That's just what I was told. Sounded interesting and believable.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Pretty sure that's the same on the 2 valve 5.4 and the 4.6's also. All are ZERO CLEARANCE engines. Commonly reffered to as the modular motors. And nothing modular about them. Being modular has to do with the manufacturing plants like the Romeo plant and the Windsor plant. So when they are making these engines, from what was told there, there is like square modules on wheels that they slide into place that has all the tooling for whichever engine they happen to be manufacturing at the time. When they've made enough of that model, it's time to start on another module, they role those tooling modules out and put them away, and role in the tooling modules for the next model engine. How true? Don't even know. That's just what I was told. Sounded interesting and believable.
2 valve ones are not as bad but are you saying ANY rotation the wrong way messes up their ability to run?

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
2 valve ones are not as bad but are you saying ANY rotation the wrong way messes up their ability to run?
They'll run, just very low compession from bent valves that don't seat properly.

Strick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Crew
Engine Size
I replaced a 5.4 a few years back. It was very aggravating getting the torque converter, bellhousing, exhaust pipes & engine mounts all lined up. I'm glad I don't do them often.

HS

squaredeal91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg bush
Truck Year
1991 SB
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
5.9 Cummins 12 valve
I replaced a 5.4 a few years back. It was very aggravating getting the torque converter, bellhousing, exhaust pipes & engine mounts all lined up. I'm glad I don't do them often.

HS
Yes they suck everything direction! The 5.4 is wider then it is long. No shop lift, I remember having to twist it in and out. Your supposed to remove cab lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
86sunnyguy