fitech install om 77 c10

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

77c102door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Harjeet
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
update. Install is done car starts up and idles fine but i did notice my exhaust manifold were glowing red. and when i turn off the car its dieseling so its running super rich even though my afr is set a 14.5. went to the fitech website and they suggest to reroute my 12v ignition because of electrical noise. sorry its taking so long to get this pos fine tuned but when everything goes well, ill post up a video of my install and parts i used. RL=http://s45.photobucket.com/user/caliboyta/media/20170309_125313_zpsxnuksrei.jpg.html]
You must be registered for see images attach
[/URL]

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
Thanks for the update. I'm just grateful you're running down all the **** that can go wrong before I pull the trigger on the setup lol. If the manifolds are glowing red I would think it was running lean?

77c102door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Harjeet
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Thanks for the update. I'm just grateful you're running down all the **** that can go wrong before I pull the trigger on the setup lol. If the manifolds are glowing red I would think it was running lean?

it can be either very lean or very rich. since my truck is experience dieseling when i turn the car off, im assuming its very rich. today i changed the spark plugs and i swear i could smell raw gas coming from the spark plug holes. tomorrow im going to change my oil again. Also i need to check the timing on it again. but as for the system itself, its easy to install. in my case my truck was not running right to begin with. With the fitech on my truck its like a diamond ring on a turd lol

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
Dieselling is usually a result of timing too far advanced, and/or gas boiling off from a lean condition. If the plugs are black then it's definitely too rich, but if they're gray or brown it is lean. I'll have to have my fuel system 100% lined out before I jump onto the Fi-train, as much headache as the carb has given me I can't imagine dumping polluted fuel into one of those puppies.

77c102door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Harjeet
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images attach

77c102door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Harjeet
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Dieselling is usually a result of timing too far advanced, and/or gas boiling off from a lean condition. If the plugs are black then it's definitely too rich, but if they're gray or brown it is lean. I'll have to have my fuel system 100% lined out before I jump onto the Fi-train, as much headache as the carb has given me I can't imagine dumping polluted fuel into one of those puppies.

as for the fuel system, i recommend going with the intank fuel pump setup. i have the command center, but later down the road im going convert to a in tank setup.

R8rPhan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
1973 (1979?)
Truck Model
C10 long bed (Frankenstein truck)
Engine Size
as for the fuel system, i recommend going with the intank fuel pump setup. i have the command center, but later down the road im going convert to a in tank setup.

Why is that?

77c102door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Harjeet
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Why is that?

Because i tend to run the gas tank low and since the factor tank has no baffles, gas sloshes around and then starve the engine. The fcc works great, its just an annoyance of sloshing gas. Lol.

R8rPhan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
1973 (1979?)
Truck Model
Engine Size
Because i tend to run the gas tank low and since the factor tank has no baffles, gas sloshes around and then starve the engine. The fcc works great, its just an annoyance of sloshing gas. Lol.

Those in tank pumps require that you keep them submerged in gas or they overheat and go bad (happened in my 2001 GM van twice).. So if you run the gas low you're gonna have even bigger problems...

But I'm not really understanding what that has to do with the command center...

I've gotten in the habit of keeping my tanks at least a third full on vehicles with Fuel Injection, because of the pumps...

77c102door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Harjeet
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Those in tank pumps require that you keep them submerged in gas or they overheat and go bad (happened in my 2001 GM van twice).. So if you run the gas low you're gonna have even bigger problems...

But I'm not really understanding what that has to do with the command center...

I've gotten in the habit of keeping my tanks at least a third full on vehicles with Fuel Injection, because of the pumps...

That's y with the intake pumps, im also changing the tanks to the one that has internal baffles. As for the command center, it works perfectly fine, but for some reason, when the gas tanks gets 1/4 tank, it sputters like its out of fuel and my fuel sender works fine. Ive notice that my truck needs 5 gal or more to provide adequate pressure to the command center, anything below 5 gals it start to lose pressure on the low pressure side which it can't keep up with the command center fuel demands.

R8rPhan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
1973 (1979?)
Truck Model
Engine Size
That's y with the intake pumps, im also changing the tanks to the one that has internal baffles. As for the command center, it works perfectly fine, but for some reason, when the gas tanks gets 1/4 tank, it sputters like its out of fuel and my fuel sender works fine. Ive notice that my truck needs 5 gal or more to provide adequate pressure to the command center, anything below 5 gals it start to lose pressure on the low pressure side which it can't keep up with the command center fuel demands.

Is that with the mechanical pump? I wonder if just adding a 12v universal fuel pump before the mech pump would solve the problem?

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Why not make it simple and just use a surge tank, never have to worry about the pump not being submerged..

77c102door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Harjeet
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Is that with the mechanical pump? I wonder if just adding a 12v universal fuel pump before the mech pump would solve the problem?

Yep mechanical pump. I replace the unit with a new one. Not sure if that would solve the problem. But i am planning an ls conversion using the fitech unit down the road

77c102door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Harjeet
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Why not make it simple and just use a surge tank, never have to worry about the pump not being submerged..

That is what the fitech command center is. Its a metal surge tank.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
That is what the fitech command center is. Its a metal surge tank.
Then why are you worried about gas sloshing in the main tank, I don't get it???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnalen76