fitech install om 77 c10

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
Just the videos I've watched of those systems there may be a different engine profile you can try. I would call their tech support, heard nothing but great things about them. If you just wanted to tinker for now I would try the next lower engine profile. If it's already low, and depending on your cam/compression, maybe try a higher one. Good luck and post more often about this, there's a bunch of hungry guys here waiting for more info on this lol.

77c102door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Harjeet
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
i call their tech and they suggest to mess with the accel pump which i have and it showed no change. the truck right now feels like a slug on low rpm. to me it feels like a vacuum issue. i did get rid of the trc and the control valve. i might have to put that back on.

77c102door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Harjeet
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
k little update, still having low rpm acceleration problems. My friend, who is a cert mechanic drove the truck and he said it feels it has no vacuum advance or a vacuum leak. went to check on the truck and the intake manifold is leaking so im in the process replacing the intake manifold with a edelbrock unit, along with longtube headers and true duals. this truck is one big giant lemon lol. My tranny slip yoke is leaking from the pinhole which im assuming is a common problem. my factory exhaust muffler has a rust crack all the way through the muffler. heater core is leaking. its an on going problem with the truck. lol

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
k little update, still having low rpm acceleration problems. My friend, who is a cert mechanic drove the truck and he said it feels it has no vacuum advance or a vacuum leak. went to check on the truck and the intake manifold is leaking so im in the process replacing the intake manifold with a edelbrock unit, along with longtube headers and true duals. this truck is one big giant lemon lol. My tranny slip yoke is leaking from the pinhole which im assuming is a common problem. my factory exhaust muffler has a rust crack all the way through the muffler. heater core is leaking. its an on going problem with the truck. lol

These things happen when wrenching on a 40 year old truck :party36:

77c102door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Harjeet
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
These things happen when wrenching on a 40 year old truck :party36:

yea its my first classic car. I also have a 02 trans am ws6 which my t56 is grinding 2nd gear. I have a idea of replacing my t56 on my trans am with a t56 magnum and use my ls1 t56 and put it in my c10. decisions

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
when building my '77 I tossed around throwing in a 6 speed. At the time I decided to put that off for another day. May still happen someday but would be AWESOME to actually do. I'm sure there'd be some road blocks to over come and some fabrication required to pull it off but would be sweet!!

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
when building my '77 I tossed around throwing in a 6 speed. At the time I decided to put that off for another day. May still happen someday but would be AWESOME to actually do. I'm sure there'd be some road blocks to over come and some fabrication required to pull it off but would be sweet!!

Shouldnt be any worse than my 5 spd swap. They use the same hydraulic system so I already figured that out for everyone!

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected
Did this system need to see a tach signal from the distributor? The Edelbrock system needs a RPM signal and in the directions they say just hook into coil (like you would a tach).
BUT- that doesn't work (too noisy). They then say when you call them it needs a clean digital signal and you need to get a MSD ignition module to replace the OEM one. $100 bucks later it works... for 10 months then the ignition module died. MSD determined it was defective and sent another one.
Right before my trip overseas the truck didn't want to start. I suspect the MSD ignition module died again.
Not too happy....
I've checked all grounds, power, everything a dozen times.

77c102door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Harjeet
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Did this system need to see a tach signal from the distributor? The Edelbrock system needs a RPM signal and in the directions they say just hook into coil (like you would a tach).
BUT- that doesn't work (too noisy). They then say when you call them it needs a clean digital signal and you need to get a MSD ignition module to replace the OEM one. $100 bucks later it works... for 10 months then the ignition module died. MSD determined it was defective and sent another one.
Right before my trip overseas the truck didn't want to start. I suspect the MSD ignition module died again.
Not too happy....
I've checked all grounds, power, everything a dozen times.

Yea my fitech is hooked up to the tach signal on the distributor. What was ur symptom with a "dirty signal"?

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected
Yea my fitech is hooked up to the tach signal on the distributor. What was ur symptom with a "dirty signal"?

No start. Or if it did start then it just stumbled until it died.

Fitech sounds better all the time.

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
I wonder if a radio noise filter would clean the signal from the stock ignition module?

77c102door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Harjeet
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
No start. Or if it did start then it just stumbled until it died.

Fitech sounds better all the time.

oh ok well my car idles fine. its just a slug off the line, then picks up afterwards. i have a puzzle of problems with the truck which i am taking care of piece by piece. first big thing im doing next ( if this damn cali rain will ever stop) is installing my edelbrock torker 2 intake manifold since i found out the gaskets around my stock manifolds are shot. after that longtube headers and true duals exhaust. hopefully that will cure the low rpm problems

Handy Andy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andy
Truck Year
Truck Model
sierra 1500
Engine Size
Just a quick question about your motor. What intake are you running on it right now? single or dual plane? The only reason I ask is because I was watching a youtube video where they did a comparison between a nice holley carb and the Holley EFI system and when they put the EFI system onto the dual plane intake that was on the motor, it performed pretty much exactly as yours is. Might not be a bad idea to call the fitech folks and ask them if they have ever heard of any problems running on a dual plane intake.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sQJPZYSoUI

77c102door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Harjeet
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Just a quick question about your motor. What intake are you running on it right now? single or dual plane? The only reason I ask is because I was watching a youtube video where they did a comparison between a nice holley carb and the Holley EFI system and when they put the EFI system onto the dual plane intake that was on the motor, it performed pretty much exactly as yours is. Might not be a bad idea to call the fitech folks and ask them if they have ever heard of any problems running on a dual plane intake.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sQJPZYSoUI

Manifold that is on now is a stocker. I know about that youtube video from engine masters, thats y i bought a single plane intake that im waiting to put on. However fitech reps said that their system works well with both single and dual plane

77c102door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Harjeet
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Little update. Finally got around to install my intake manifolds. Upon disassembly, notice for of the intake manifold bolts were loose, and the transmission vacuum port on top of the manifold was super loose. Im sure these were the cause of the problem. Its going tho rain again for another week so ill continue when the weather is good http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f95/caliboyta/20170303_165617_zpskynnmc22.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bennlenl