Favorite tool brand?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MtBraun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Most of my hand tools are Craftsman which have served me well. Power tools are all Milwaukee. Miller welder.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Are those rims the equivalent of advertising you’re working the glory hole down at the truck stop?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I accually think I pissed him off. Lol

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
I accually think I pissed him off. Lol
He probably wouldn’t be pissed if he knew you dig guys too. Just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iowan

Loud and Proud American!
Reaction score
First Name
Calvin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
350 crate
HAHAHAHAHA

Iowan

Loud and Proud American!
Reaction score
First Name
Calvin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
350 crate
So I have this little project 305 that I bought for $40, because it was run out of oil accidentally. COMPLETELY SIEZED. Its from a 1995.

1. There's a glue putty type of thing around the Harmonic Balancer what it is?
  2. How far can bore it over?
  3. How do you use a engine stand? I tighten up the bolts and the arms just start sink down. I wont weld it.

roundhouse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
justin
Truck Year
77,78,79,80 ?
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Unless you’re a traveling mechanic that works in remote locations I see no need to pay 10x for snap on etc

I haven’t broken a Gear wrench , although of you leave em out on the rain they rust totally locked up in no time
And after you buy a set of flex head ratchet wrenches you won’t touch your old end wrenches unless it’s a really tight spot that the ratchet wrench won’t fit

I have a collection of craftsman before they moved to China
But they moved to China and didn’t lower the price so why buy them now ?

Kobalt , harbor freight , whatever was at the nearest store when I needed it

I lose more tools than I break so better for me to buy a middle of the road quality

If you’re wanting to be a mechanic , do NOT borrow money to buy fancy toolboxes and tools

I wouldn’t even waste money going to a tech school

You will learn more working in a shop in the real world in three months than you will in three years in a school

Knock on doors and find a shop that will hire you and train you even if it’s for minimum wage , you’ll get a better education and faster

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
I'm not sure how far you'll get these days without getting some schooling on these cars. I went the self taught direction, and honestly, the technology has got to a point where the guys who studied the stuff in a trade school, or where ever kind of had a leg up on the whole electrical understanding. With everything using can-bus communication on board these days, if you don't have a solid grasp of how it works, and what voltages to expect where, your definitely at a deficit.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I'm not sure how far you'll get these days without getting some schooling on these cars. I went the self taught direction, and honestly, the technology has got to a point where the guys who studied the stuff in a trade school, or where ever kind of had a leg up on the whole electrical understanding. With everything using can-bus communication on board these days, if you don't have a solid grasp of how it works, and what voltages to expect where, your definitely at a deficit.
A test light helps......more so an LED one for low voltage stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bhardiman1