Embarrassing stuff in your square

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350
Well, I must admit that I have driven trucks before, know they require a little more room to turn and such, but have backed into stuff twice with this freshly acquired square of mine. First was at work after having the truck for about 3 days; I lightly backed into the chain link post because I forgot the rear overhang was greater than my Cherokee and my Forester. And then today at lunch I went to Pep Boys and went to back in the end stall. As I was backing up and checking the mirrors the gal in the car next to my stall opened her door and I barely saw it in time to stop. I noticed I needed to steer a little more to the right to center in my stall and then as I was fully backed in the stall....BAM! What the heck was that!? I turned around and saw I had hit a light pole. Never saw it there...lol...oops... So I put it back in drive, pulled forward and felt the rear drop a little bit because the bumper had climbed up the concrete base of the light pole. Funny stuff. I normally utilize the mirrors and look over my shoulder but not today...******* didn't think of that...lol...

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Top of the list is when I kept a hammer in the Burb to smack the fuel tank to get it started when the fuel pump started to go, worked for about 2-3 weeks uintil it left me stranded at the boat ramp 12 at night, boat in the water still. I had that one coming to me. :shitsweak:

And I think I slapped mirrors with another truck once.

Then there was that time that I left my keys on the boat deck and lost them somewhere on the road heading to the ramp, had spares so I dropped the boat in and parked and realized I just locked my spare key's in the truck, boat in the water. :suicide:

Had to break into the truck, resulting in this half cracked rear side window.

Full story here: http://www.gmsquarebody.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1522

Pic:

You must be registered for see images attach

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Well, I must admit that I have driven trucks before, know they require a little more room to turn and such, but have backed into stuff twice with this freshly acquired square of mine. First was at work after having the truck for about 3 days; I lightly backed into the chain link post because I forgot the rear overhang was greater than my Cherokee and my Forester. And then today at lunch I went to Pep Boys and went to back in the end stall. As I was backing up and checking the mirrors the gal in the car next to my stall opened her door and I barely saw it in time to stop. I noticed I needed to steer a little more to the right to center in my stall and then as I was fully backed in the stall....BAM! What the heck was that!? I turned around and saw I had hit a light pole. Never saw it there...lol...oops... So I put it back in drive, pulled forward and felt the rear drop a little bit because the bumper had climbed up the concrete base of the light pole. Funny stuff. I normally utilize the mirrors and look over my shoulder but not today...******* didn't think of that...lol...

Best part about that is if the light pole is very high, it will shake and wave and get everybody's attention, lol.... :roflbow:

Stroked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Haha, mine is hard to explain. I backed out of a steep driveway that had railroad ties as retaining walls on both sides. Well I turned too much too soon and at just the right time and slid my bumper up on top of the wall. Made it back another foot or so before I fell off. Pushed the bumper and grille guard up pretty good. :idiot:

Luckily I just had to loosen the brackets and jump on it to get it to go back into place.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350
Best part about that is if the light pole is very high, it will shake and wave and get everybody's attention, lol.... :roflbow:

Oh I'm sure a whole lot of laughs and lots of attention. It is one the busiest intersections downtown and it was rush hour lunch traffic with plenty of eyes to see it. :) When I walked out of the store I looked up to see how tall the light is; it's about 30 feet high with a square housing that I know was waving like crazy. And the workers in to store were smirking the whole time I was in there...lol...like they've never done anything funny like that...:lazer:

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
I had a few to many and was hauling my parents water tank to a well (not public roads) and backed right into a big ass rock. Now my bumper is pushed up into the bed.
Sent from my ADR8995 using Tapatalk 2

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
:lol: @ 89sub! I remember that!!! Funny stuff now :D

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350
Haha, mine is hard to explain. I backed out of a steep driveway that had railroad ties as retaining walls on both sides. Well I turned too much too soon and at just the right time and slid my bumper up on top of the wall. Made it back another foot or so before I fell off. Pushed the bumper and grille guard up pretty good. :idiot:

Luckily I just had to loosen the brackets and jump on it to get it to go back into place.

D'oh!

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350
I had a few to many and was hauling my parents water tank to a well (not public roads) and backed right into a big ass rock. Now my bumper is pushed up into the bed.
Sent from my ADR8995 using Tapatalk 2

Those boulders don't like give way.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Oh hell, I think I only have 1 embarrasing moment in one of my squares, but damn was it a good one. I even got pics but not sure I want to even try to find them and tell this story. But, I'm damn sure subscribed to this thread now.

8T6K5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
L98 350 TPI
Only had the K5 a few months, closest I got is when I went to change the solenoid on the starter. Was under the K5 and went to loosen the bolts on the starter. Whats the first rule you learn about tools....... Lefty Loosey - Righty Tighty.

Not sure why, but had a huge brain fart. Maybe was because working upside down, but Im cranking on this bolt and its not moving, Im using 1/4" drive too. And Im cranking, when I hear....crunch. Ummmm, that didnt sound good.

Broke one of the mounting ears off the starter. Realized my mistake, dropped the starter and took her to AZ. I had already bought the solenoid, so I returned it and bought a ****** Duralast starter for an additional $50.

Fortunately I didnt have to drop that one to shim it!!

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
Welding the rear diff is probably the most embarrassing thing I've done in a while. Doesn't matter how slow you go at the gas station those big ole tires are going "err-err-err-err" and everybody's looking like wtf is wrong with that thing. And I never can resist turning it loose just to show em there aint a damn thing wrong with it! Wife is always embarrassed to ride in it, it is usually very muddy, tires howling, loud exhaust, and everybody's looking at it. 9 time out of 10 they're looking and smiling though. Also at drive-through windows the CB antenna on the mirror usually slaps the minimum clearance sign lol. At the local biscuit shop the antenna is bent double, raking down their soffit! :lol:

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Haha, good ****... :popcorn:

bobehud

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
91' with early 80's drivetrain
Truck Model
Suburban K3500
Engine Size
454 carbed
been driving big Chevys for awhile,wife works downtown..parking garages with the clearance not correct..tore a sprinkler piper loose..Yeah lots of wet fun..

Oh by the way..you have a biscuit shop..?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aidenB15