Dually

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boonie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
Idk if this is the correct place for this or not, maybe not. Please move if needed. I have searched for an answer while at work for this, but haven't had much luck. I know I've found this before, but I can't now. Anyway, since I've rambled on a bit, my question is, can anyone tell me the rear axle width on a 80 dually 4x4? From the outside of the wheels? Picking one up later today and trying to figure out if it will for between the rails on my trailer or if I need to rent one. I know a srw will fit, but not sure about a dually. May need to take the outside tires off for transport. If anyone knows this off the top of their head and could enlighten me, that would be awesome. Thanks

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Idk if this is the correct place for this or not, maybe not. Please move if needed. I have searched for an answer while at work for this, but haven't had much luck. I know I've found this before, but I can't now. Anyway, since I've rambled on a bit, my question is, can anyone tell me the rear axle width on a 80 dually 4x4? From the outside of the wheels? Picking one up later today and trying to figure out if it will for between the rails on my trailer or if I need to rent one. I know a srw will fit, but not sure about a dually. May need to take the outside tires off for transport. If anyone knows this off the top of their head and could enlighten me, that would be awesome. Thanks
Put it on in line with deck???

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I wasn't being a wise ass when Mikeyworks picked up the K20 rears we loaded them on a tiny trailer barely big enough for a lawn tractor and they fit and made it to MD.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
I'm almost thinking he means he's getting the whole truck, not just the axle.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I'm almost thinking he means he's getting the whole truck, not just the axle.
Oh maybe I took it as just a rear I want a cab and chassis dually rear. I like the look of a dually with no fender extensions.

Boonie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
Sorry. Working on 30 odd hours with no sleep. Yea, it's the whole truck.

Lu Blunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
350ci
I have a 79 k30 dually. It's just under 8ft wide. Many times I have removed the outside dual tire to fit in between the car trailer fenders. Most of these duallys have regular nuts instead of lug nuts and you will be able to tighten the single tire on no problem. I have driven almost 50miles with the outer dual removed

Boonie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
ok. that's what I was hoping. thanks

Boonie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
Ok, it fit. Barely. Home now with its older kin waiting it's turn to be worked on.

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Lu Blunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
350ci
Looks like a solid truck. What engine/trans?

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Oh crap put a bed on that joker. I think they look so good, duallys and with out the extended fenders. That sure looks fab and chassis to me.

Boonie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
Yea. Wanted a flat bed for a while. Planned to recab the k20 there beside it, but ran across this one. Needs a seat, king pin bushings, and floor pan. Nut it runs and drives. Picked the whole thing up for less than a grand. I was happy with that

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1975K20