Davbell22602 Tools

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
5.7 Fuel injected Vortec/ 4L80E
This is the welder I got in trade for the 67 Ford F100 project truck. Its a Lincoln Pro Mig 140. Its also welds stainless steel and aluminum.

You must be registered for see images attach

Any mig can weld alum. and stainless steel. The trick is you have to have the right gas and a spool gun for alum.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
I doubt that century gl80 can. It doesn't have the option for using gas.

Sent from my XT881 using Tapatalk

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
I traded a riding mower for this new in box welder. Its a Century/Lincoln 80GL cold tip.

No longer have this welder. I traded it today for 10ft weiner fiberglass step ladder.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
No longer have this welder. I traded it today for 10ft weiner ....

I bet that made your wife happy.

Ohhh wait, did you mean a 10 foot Werner Ladder???

Stewzer55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Stew
Truck Year
Truck Model
R30
Engine Size
350 TBI
:buttkick:

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
Newest edition to my tools.

Last edited:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Newest edition to my tools.

That's a good jump box. Bought it at Napa? That's what we used at Fastlane. All as good or maybe even better what Hot Wheels bought off the Snap On truck and for alot less cash. We had 2 of them at Fastlane. I used that thing all the time. Adding power to get cars out of park, and for jumps too. Hate dragging out the 30 foot heavy ass jumper cables off the rollback.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
That's a good jump box. Bought it at Napa? That's what we used at Fastlane. All as good or maybe even better what Hot Wheels bought off the Snap On truck and for alot less cash. We had 2 of them at Fastlane. I used that thing all the time. Adding power to get cars out of park, and for jumps too. Hate dragging out the 30 foot heavy ass jumper cables off the rollback.

I bought it from Napa for $169. I bought it cause it has a actual charger with it. My old jump box still works but the plastic around prongs for the drop cord is cracked/broken which was a 2 year old 950amp Duralast. The pliers were $55.36 from Napa also. I needed the pliers for changing heater hoses on 94 Chevy Beretta Z26 3.1L.

ScottyB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
phantom
Engine Size
2 squirrels

Wish the boss would break down and get a couple for the rollbacks. Big pain in the ass when you get set up to grab a car and then find out it is too dead to shift. Always fun to roll back up and turn around in order to jump shift it so you can turn around and load up the car.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Wish the boss would break down and get a couple for the rollbacks. Big pain in the ass when you get set up to grab a car and then find out it is too dead to shift. Always fun to roll back up and turn around in order to jump shift it so you can turn around and load up the car.

You get paid by the hour unlike most Wrecker Operators, otherwise I'd say it'll save your ass a ton of time and you make more money so go buy your own and keep it with you. This way YOU KNOW it works, YOU KNOW it's a good one, and YOU KNOW it's charged. Nothing like working for a company where you're going from truck to truck and you don't what truck has what and what fuktard drove it last and what he lost or damaged on the truck, so even if you play musical trucks and you have your own, it saves you mega in time and means more tows which equates to more money if your commission based. I had my own for awhile til in between jobs I let it get to low and could never get it charge back up. It was a cheap POS anyway.

If you have a pocket, carry a small screwdriver in your shirt or cargo pant pocket for hitting the park override on those that you can't get out of park. 90% of all cars have them. :rofl:, I think only tow truck drivers know that. You can get around the park interlock device on most cars with a small screwdriver if you know where it's at. Most are real easy.

ScottyB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
phantom
Engine Size
2 squirrels
Tried that on an 05 VW. It didn't have the override. It was pulled into the garage so I was having to load it backwards. That meant there was no way my cables would reach without turning the truck. Bad news is I apparently broke the shift boot looking for the override.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Tried that on an 05 VW. It didn't have the override. It was pulled into the garage so I was having to load it backwards. That meant there was no way my cables would reach without turning the truck. Bad news is I apparently broke the shift boot looking for the override.

That sux. Land Rovers of all fukin vehicles don't have them either and I had to get one out of garage that was a NO POWER and NO KEY off of a rich bastards garage floor that was painted and flaked without getting any skid marks on the floor. I was 40 miles out of town too. I really needed Go Jacks for that one and ended up getting my under the rear receiver hitch, lifted the rear wheels and my floor jack and he had a floor jack there for the front end and and slowly pulled it out. It sucked bad. The guy refused to let me touch it and try anything until he spent 30 minutes on the phone with Land Rover wanting to know about park interlock override. After 2 dealerships told him no such thing on a Land Rover he let me proceed. Fukin rich pricks !!! And you think I at least got a tip? Hell NO.

ScottyB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
phantom
Engine Size
2 squirrels
That sux. Land Rovers of all fukin vehicles don't have them either and I had to get one out of garage that was a NO POWER and NO KEY off of a rich bastards garage floor that was painted and flaked without getting any skid marks on the floor. I was 40 miles out of town too. I really needed Go Jacks for that one and ended up getting my under the rear receiver hitch, lifted the rear wheels and my floor jack and he had a floor jack there for the front end and and slowly pulled it out. It sucked bad. The guy refused to let me touch it and try anything until he spent 30 minutes on the phone with Land Rover wanting to know about park interlock override. After 2 dealerships told him no such thing on a Land Rover he let me proceed. Fukin rich pricks !!! And you think I at least got a tip? Hell NO.

I'm not a fan of wreckers for day in day out use but they have their place. That is one of those situations where the wrecker would have been the way to go. It seems that every time I go out with a wrecker I end up spending all day out with it and every call is a tow. A week and a half ago I grabbed a wrecker because I had a private impound to do that would be better done with a wrecker. Ended up putting in an 11.5 hour day (we are not in a hugely busy area) and did 6 tows. All 6 needed to be dollied. I never did get to the Private impound that day.

Go Jacks would be nice but it doesn't come up often enough for the boss to want to spend the money for them. I can't say I blame him for that but there are times. I did suggest putting a Nelson plug on the back end of the rollbacks. It doesn't take up any more room on the truck and would come in handy more often than it might seem.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1987R10Man