Bvllsh!t on craigslist.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

towman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
v10
Engine Size
don't know how to do this but if you check k10 under harrisburg pa there is some nice squares on there, the car show is in carlisle this week bringing out the oldies

RailRiderHD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 blazer
Engine Size
"maybe a tuneup" probably means engine knocking and about to blow, seems like a good deal though

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
"maybe a tuneup" probably means engine knocking and about to blow, seems like a good deal though

:roflbow::roflbow::roflbow::roflbow::roflbow: You're close, but I think its usually 'has a minor exhuast leak", or "needs a flywheel" is a rod knocking. "Needs a tune up" is usually a blown head gasket or burnt valves. :roflbow: :shitsweak:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Here's my last CL purchase after a $2 trip to the carwash. 75 Squarebody Truck trans for $25. The guy said it lost all foward gears but had reverse. Also has about a 1/8 inch end play at the input shaft, so it has something wrong other than forward cluch pack. Maybe thrust washer wear or imporperly built before. Its got a coat of blue and silver and silver paint, so I know its been opened up before. Has the threaded output shaft but the shallow pan. The new Vac Modulator alone is worth $10-$15 and Chevy Bell Th400's are getting rare, so I pick up all I can of these things, especially for twenty fi dolla !!!

attachment.php

Attachments

• Dcity25 002.jpg
    Dcity25 002.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 107

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Nice HR! :High 5:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73

Thanks 89S. I don't know what to do with this one. Just keep it for the time of need or sale. Or just build it to withstand 1500 horsepower and wait for a buyer, or what?? I dunno. :shrug: I just bought it cuz it was cheap and close. I already have a well built Th400 in the DD, and I have a stock built back up Th400 just wainting to be put in something that was intended for the Burb I sold. Damn, I wish I had mo money. I got project ideas like no other and just can't do them for lack of funds. I just hate knowing I have a Th400 and its not built and ready to go. You know I'll just be itching to build it, but not sure to put all the good stuff and upgrades in it, or just a stock build. I guess just wait for a project to arise or someone asking me to build them a race trans. :shrug: Itch Itch, I feel the need for wrenching on it !!! :roflbow::roflbow::roflbow:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigcreek