Bvllsh!t on craigslist.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jrgunn5150

Questionable methods
Reaction score
First Name
J.R.
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.slow
https://grandrapids.craigslist.org/pts/d/rebuilt-456-gm-14-bolt-rear/6451199995.html. What Do you guys think about this? I know it's expensive to have axle work done. Hard to find a front with the 4.56s. He said he don't want to split but he would take 350 for the front axle. Thing that sucks is no axle shafts backing plates spindle or anything else I've got another 10 bolt but it's 6 lug so I'm still stuck finding the some of the parts to convert it but id be closer....

I work in GR if you want to get eye's on it and don't want tto take the drive.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Yeah after you started asking that I was wondering if thats where you were going darn it! I wonder how much wider it would make it? some fender flares fix it? Get dually rims made with a smaller offset? This really throws a wrench in the plan lol. Thank you for pointing this out glad I asked b4 I buy something that's not gonna work.
Just so you have an idea, this is a dually d60 hub

You must be registered for see images attach

And this is a srw d60 front hub.

ajd89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Just so you have an idea, this is a dually d60 hub

And this is a srw d60 front hub.

Yeah it's big difference. I'e been looking around found to options spacers like 3 inchs not a huge fan of that idea. Or the early k30 before the Dana 60 used a 44 with some kind of spacer I guess from what I read...Maybe I should have posted this in the axle section sorry

@Jrgunn5150 I appreciate the offer man i will keep that in mind. Guess I need to figure out the width issue first.

@Rusty Nail I didn't even notice that till you pointed it out maybe they put some kind of bed liner on it?

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Yeah it's big difference. I'e been looking around found to options spacers like 3 inchs not a huge fan of that idea. Or the early k30 before the Dana 60 used a 44 with some kind of spacer I guess from what I read...Maybe I should have posted this in the axle section sorry

@Jrgunn5150 I appreciate the offer man i will keep that in mind. Guess I need to figure out the width issue first.

@Rusty Nail I didn't even notice that till you pointed it out maybe they put some kind of bed liner on it?

There's more than 3" to be spaced there. I don't think there was a k30 prior to the d60. The k series didn't get a one ton option until '77 iirc.

Jrgunn5150

Questionable methods
Reaction score
First Name
J.R.
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.slow

It's rattle can bedliner. No clue why you would do that, but whatever.

Jrgunn5150

Questionable methods
Reaction score
First Name
J.R.
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.slow
Because all the cool kids are doing it....

Around here they typically do it on whatever parts of their rockers are left... I guess they think it makes the parts that are gone not as noticeable.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Around here they typically do it on whatever parts of their rockers are left... I guess they think it makes the parts that are gone not as noticeable.
All my parts are there lol my whole truck is rattle can bed lined it makes it match me a bit abrasive.:D

ajd89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------

Jrgunn5150

Questionable methods
Reaction score
First Name
J.R.
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.slow
There are factory spacers for D44's and dually wheels, newer Dodges ran them. IFS Chevy's ran them as well.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
http://www.gmsquarebody.com/threads/squarebody-differentials.720/ according to this 73 to 76 got a dana 44 it says k30 not sure if it was the dually but I'm sure you could get a dually in those years

I think that may be a misprint. There were c30 trucks in the early years, but the k30 didn't happen until '77. K20 only before that.

There were no K30 trucks before '77. However there are mysterious pre-'77 crew cab K20 trucks that had a front D44. I've seen them posted online a few times but do not know if these are factory built trucks or trucks that were converted when new. They are all single wheel trucks, not duallies.

ajd89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I think that may be a misprint. There were c30 trucks in the early years, but the k30 didn't happen until '77. K20 only before that.

There were no K30 trucks before '77. However there are mysterious pre-'77 crew cab K20 trucks that had a front D44. I've seen them posted online a few times but do not know if these are factory built trucks or trucks that were converted when new. They are all single wheel trucks, not duallies.

Ok well I read a few things said they had them spacers on the early Dana 44s no solid proof so who knows lol. I really don't think I want 4 plus inch spacers but if they did it from the factory on some stuff can it be that bad? . Guess I need a d60. I mean I'm all for it just cost so much more then a 44 or a 10bolt

ajd89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I'm surprised you couldn't buy a 4x4 dually from 73 to 76. That's what your saying right?

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------