Bvllsh!t on craigslist.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jrgunn5150

Questionable methods
Reaction score
First Name
J.R.
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.slow

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Give that guy Kudos. At least he has an accurate no nonsense ad. :waytogo:

Ohh and he forgot to mention, IT RAN WHEN PARKED !!! GOD BLESS !!!

Lol, I can't remember why you hate the "ran when parked" phrase.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------

It's the type of phrase that's right up there with their ridiculously low offers of "cash money". Cash money. No ****? I was hoping for a third party out of state check. F'in window lickers.

Last edited:

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I dunno. I've got stuff that ran when it was parked there and might still run when you try it. And I've got stuff that ran when I parked it but then removed parts that will cause it not to run now. And then I've got stuff that I pushed it to where it's currently parked.

I just think "ran when parked" simply means that the vehicle has the potential to run again with little effort. Rather than being parked because of a major mechanical issue.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73

Because they all did unless they were dropped off by a tow truck. I mean, it just seems they want you to believe it was running just fine but I got sick of the color so I bought a new vehicle and quit driving this one. Time got a way from me and I didn't realize it's sat now for 2 or 3 years. Perfectly good vehicle, just forgot to drive it for the last 2 or 3 years so now I'm selling it. ******** !!! And usually it just seems when they close their ad with God Bless, they're the biggest damn crooks that walked on the earth but trying to convince you they're very religious so they surely would never lie or mislead you. Again, ******** !!!

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Because they all did unless they were dropped off by a tow truck. I mean, it just seems they want you to believe it was running just fine but I got sick of the color so I bought a new vehicle and quit driving this one. Time got a way from me and I didn't realize it's sat now for 2 or 3 years. Perfectly good vehicle, just forgot to drive it for the last 2 or 3 years so now I'm selling it. ******** !!! And usually it just seems when they close their ad with God Bless, they're the biggest damn crooks that walked on the earth but trying to convince you they're very religious so they surely would never lie or mislead you. Again, ******** !!!

I drove my '69 Impala into the garage, running perfectly fine, 8 or 9 years ago. It just needed a brake line at that time. If I were to sell it, I would say it ran when it was parked.

I guess since I've done it myself a time or two, I don't think much of it when people say "ran when parked" :shrug:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I drove my '69 Impala into the garage, running perfectly fine, 8 or 9 years ago. It just needed a brake line at that time. If I were to sell it, I would say it ran when it was parked.

I guess since I've done it myself a time or two, I don't think much of it when people say "ran when parked" :shrug:

But you wouldn't sell it as non running would you? Just seems most of those, and I know it's not everyone that has a junk POS, probably a seized engine, it was running when parked.

Now that is possible. I have a 350 4 bolt that ran when I pulled it. The cover over it got blown off in the wind and I didn't know it. It got rained in not even sure how many times or how long it was uncovered. It's seized now. Maybe I should sell it for $500 and say it ran when pulled. :shrug: And just forget to mention it got rained in and sat in the weather for several months.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Well, it's not a 100% ******** there are some honest people out there, I bought my day cruiser(Spectra20)from a kid that got it from his grandfather that bought it new in 78 and sat for 5yrs because he didn't know what end of a boat was which so his wife told him to sell it, he told me it was running great when he got it but he just parked it in the garage and that's where it stayed, again he had no clue what he had, when he told me the price I just gave him the money, hooked up and left before he changed his mind, **** just the bare hull was worth more than what he had, got it home and pulled the dipstick and sure as hell it sat that long, the oil was separated and was like water, change the oil and the filter and cleaned the carb, squirted a few drops of oil in the cylinders, primed it and rotated it by hand a few times and bada bing it fired up instantly and was quiet as can be not even a lifter clatter thing runs like a new one, got a huge bonus there. So, the way I look at it when they say that I just look at the vehicle and see what I'm getting for the money, I'll offer what I think it's worth as a roller then if the motor is junk oh well no loss, but if it runs then I got a bonus..

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Well, it's not a 100% ******** there are some honest people out there, I bought my day cruiser(Spectra20)from a kid that got it from his grandfather that bought it new in 78 and sat for 5yrs because he didn't know what end of a boat was which so his wife told him to sell it, he told me it was running great when he got it but he just parked it in the garage and that's where it stayed, again he had no clue what he had, when he told me the price I just gave him the money, hooked up and left before he changed his mind, **** just the bare hull was worth more than what he had, got it home and pulled the dipstick and sure as hell it sat that long, the oil was separated and was like water, change the oil and the filter and cleaned the carb, squirted a few drops of oil in the cylinders, primed it and rotated it by hand a few times and bada bing it fired up instantly and was quiet as can be not even a lifter clatter thing runs like a new one, got a huge bonus there. So, the way I look at it when they say that I just look at the vehicle and see what I'm getting for the money, I'll offer what I think it's worth as a roller then if the motor is junk oh well no loss, but if it runs then I got a bonus..

Well aren't we Mr. Positive today? Lol yes there are some good people...........some.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bhardiman1