Bvllsh!t on craigslist.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454

87scotty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
5.7 for now
I wish it were that easy. Cali requires testing even if it's zero miles per year. The only way out of it is registering a vehicle as non-operational and if you get caught driving one without tags the fine is hefty. I did get caught doing that once, I have a Honda CT90 I use for short runs to the hardware store. Tags and insurance are stupid expensive so I just run the risk since the store is just 3 minutes away. Well, I got a sheriff on my ass while riding down the street and of course the reds and blues came on immediately. Let me tell you, it's hard to play the innocent role when you're not wearing helmet as required by law, your driver's license is at home, and your tags are out of date by 35 years. (April of 1981) I was so busted it made me laugh. Well, I gave it a shot and told him the bike was rebuilt from a basket case and I just got it running that day. We were only a block from my house so he told me to push it home and not ride it again until it was legal. Cool leo, he could have nailed me to the wall but let me go with a verbal warning.

Dads in love with them ct90s but i couldnt do that whole west coast thing just ridiculous all tje testing you guys gotta do

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
By "needs rebuild" he must mean turn in for scrap and use money towards one that hasn't been stored in the rain for a couple decades.

https://flint.craigslist.org/pts/5789033869.html

Worth about $50 at the very best. Maybe even $25. It can be saved, but with alot of work. As common as those blocks are, not so sure it's worth all the work. First things First, it'll need Electrolysis cleaned then go from there.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Worth about $50 at the very best. Maybe even $25. It can be saved, but with alot of work. As common as those blocks are, not so sure it's worth all the work. First things First, it'll need Electrolysis cleaned then go from there.

For sure. I knew it would only be a couple bucks work of scrap, just another Flintiod who thinks they have a backyard full of gold. Actually surprised he didn't put "ran when pulled" in the ad also.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
For sure. I knew it would only be a couple bucks work of scrap, just another Flintiod who thinks they have a backyard full of gold. Actually surprised he didn't put "ran when pulled" in the ad also.

:laughing1: Yep, like the guys, "Ran when parked" there 8 years ago. Well hell yes, they all ran until parked. Unless of course it came home on a tow truck.

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
Dude, whatever!
A complete engine and transmission WITH brackets?!
If it was covered, I bet the sum bitch fires right up.
Lookit how clean!

If I had it, we'd throw it in the Blue Ox and turn the key. What could possibly go wrong?!

That's a runnin/drivin deal right thurrr! I got a q-jet we can use!

800 bucks.......and the swap forum is full of garbage!

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
As said, that's just my opinion. I don't doubt it fires up. I can make just about anything run if it doesn't have rods and pistons hanging outta the block.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juanosious