Anti theft devices..kill switches..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1low4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I juat feel like a floor mpunted switch is too "in plain sight"

The mag reed switch wouldnt be a pain in the ass if it was mounted discretly within reach youd just swipethe magnet

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
That's the entire point in using a factory switch that's in plain sight. Nobody would suspect it because the factory did not install kill switches. Like was mentioned before, if anyone really wants the truck, they are going to get it anyway. A kill switch just keeps the window smasher ********* from getting it.

ScottyB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
phantom
Engine Size
2 squirrels
Install the magnetic switch in the floor and put the magnet in your boot. Problem solved. :D

BADAZ chevy guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I wasn't aware of that. Is there a reason for it? That just doesn't sound right. This is supposed to be about people who have a love for Chevy's. IMHO

1low4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
That's the entire point in using a factory switch that's in plain sight. Nobody would suspect it because the factory did not install kill switches. Like was mentioned before, if anyone really wants the truck, they are going to get it anyway. A kill switch just keeps the window smasher ********* from getting it.

I understand the point, but the fact that it is way overdone just like the cigarette lighter trick plus my truck never had a floor switch.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I understand the point, but the fact that it is way overdone just like the cigarette lighter trick plus my truck never had a floor switch.

Mine never had a floor switch either, but I put one in. Although it's just to activate the high beams, lol.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
K5Chris