Kill switch ideas?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swearbody

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
355 sbc
This is something I desperately need to do. I live in the hood fo real. (bham al). I had a (r)danger stolen a few years back. I want to wire one in to my ignition via the distributor. In fact ill do so and make a video for my channel and let you all know when its done.

So where would you hide the switch/key? Im thinking in my locking tool box....

WFO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I never liked the clutch petal starter safety switch. So I unplugged it and hooked it to a toggle switch behind the dash. Would also work with the Park/Neutral safety switch on an automatic.

WFO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Haha, it happened again Sat. I walk out to the driveway and the camaro is gone. Lol Wtf
Damn, that sucks!
I've had a Camaro, a Sierra Grande, and a street bike stolen in my life. All of them were in the Houston area. Eventually got all of them back, somewhat stripped.

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
Damn, that sucks!
I've had a Camaro, a Sierra Grande, and a street bike stolen in my life. All of them were in the Houston area. Eventually got all of them back, somewhat stripped.

No ****, wow

Glad I'm just dreaming it. Lol

I have had stereo systems stole tho. That sucks cause they're gone.

Swearbody

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
355 sbc
@Bextreme04 I totally agree. I am considering that in my install. Was thinking about in my locking tool box but really dont want a run of wire that long controlling ignition. I plan to go the distributor interrupt route.

I may end up putting it behind the seat down under the cargo tray and have the round portion that sticks up pop through. It wouldnt be noticed there unless you knew to look and is easily accessible when getting in the truck. well accessible i dont know about easily. There is a drain plug there that is almost already the perfect size and the wiring and terminals would be between the body and heat shield. Its not an ideal location to use if its a daily but for me....who drives my trucks for leisure its workable. The drain plug is shown in the pics on both sides and you can see that it is tucked away pretty well.
You must be registered for see images attach

Swearbody

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
355 sbc
sOrry about hijacking the thread. Ive been meaning to address this on mine for weeks.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
What? Some a-hole stole your Camaro? Again?

It's a reacuring dream. It's a always in a diff place. Sometimes it switches cars too. Even when I had the 2005 Dakota I'd dream it would get stolen. I don't why but, it happens a lot. Luckily not for real.

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
Listen, I'm not a thief, never considered stealing a car, so if I know this I guarantee you the car thievess know it.A starter interupt isn't going to work it takes me seconds to touch the solenoid with a quarter and crank a car to see if I have a starter problem or a wiring/switch problem. A dizzy interupt isn't going to work because everyone knows a chunk of wire alligator clipped to the hot lead on the alternator to the batt terminal on the dizzy and it will run forever.Instant on alarm wired to the door switches, no false alarms, but if someone opens your door you know it.Interupt fuel, they get to the street and die they aren't going to try to figure out why the stolen trucks getting no fuel while people are honking at them or trying to help them.They are going to run away leave your truck sitting before they get to tear it up.

Last edited:

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
Yep, if fuel injected you need to block fuel or ECM power. If carbureted.. you really don't have a good option for power interruption. The trucks are just too simple, you really only need to short the starter and have the previously mentioned hot wire.

It might actually make more sense to have a switched ground from the coil to the engine or frame or something like that. Then even if they hotwire from the battery to starter or battery to ignition power, their power wire gets instantly shorted to ground and burned up. If your switch fails or you forget to turn the switch off before trying to start your own truck, you will just pop your ignition fuse.

Swearbody

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
355 sbc
My truck has a mechanical pump so thats a no go on fuel cut via alarm. I agree that with any sense and little time anything on a carbed vehicle can be bypassed. That having been said Im certainly not going to do nothing and just give it to them(thief).
I like the idea of an alarm on the door coupled with a kill switch. once the alarms going off hopefully they would be too rattled to figure out there is a (kill switch engaged) before being deterred.

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
A ballvalve and compression unions in the fuel line dirt simple.But I'd I'd bet someone manufactures a 12volt fuel stop solenoid for a tractor,forklift, something that you could plumb in to the fuel line, and trigger from a switch, the power antennae lead whatever. Heck if you got dual tanks run 1 dry and switch to the dry one when your afraid of thieves.If you got a single tank get the selector valve and there's your fuel kill

Last edited:

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
My very first search for a 12volt fuel cutoff, it's funny this was the only one I looked at.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Garcjay