Door Jamb Switch Restoration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

legozombie

Reaction score
First Name
A
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
5.7 350 v8
Have you thrown away parts because "they're cheap" or because you thought they were no longer useful or work cleaning? I just wanted to let everyone know as a PSA that restoring these door jamb switches are insanely easy. Mainly because of how dumb the switches are. No complications at all. Just a spring, sheet metal, rod, nut, and plastic. I was able to restore these to look practically new by soaking them in Evapo-Rust for a day or two (which I've only been able to find in person at Harbor Freight) and then getting some Fast Orange and a tooth brush and getting the chunks off1. I use that stuff to restore bicycle parts and it worked like magic on these switches. I wish I took before and after pictures.

I also recorded all the steps to disassemble and rebuild the light switch assuming the ceramic rheostat isn't broken. If there's enough interest I can do a small write-up with pictures for just about every step.

You must be registered for see images attach

dragstews

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Body 1954, frame 1975
Truck Model
R-100
Engine Size
406 ci SBC
Replacements are available from Ron Fancies .. If needed ..

kkgp81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kelley
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size

Forum statistics