Anti-Theft and Post-Theft devices

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rick Dobbins

Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
C25
Engine Size
Wondering what everyone uses to protect their Squarebodys. They are ridiculously easy to steal.

I'm using a GPS unit hidden on my truck that I can tract AFTER theft from my phone or home computer. And I can track my trips. Anyway, yes I have The Club, but I've personally seen a pile of steering wheels in a chop shop with the Club on them. I opted not to install "kill switches", etc., and to go with the GPS unit.

How about you? Maybe I should add another level of security!

C10MixMaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG10
Engine Size
ZZ4 350
Kill switches pre theft , AK47 post theft.

Low lifes attempted to steal my camaro twice, factory VATS prevented them from getting it. They attempted to steal my NBS 1500, kill switch saved it.

I'm considering adding a chipped key and homemade VATS system on my current truck.

Last edited:

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
I’ve got the steering column clamshell (and an ignition coil kill switch that I have yet to install) pre-theft. Post-theft I have a vengeful disposition and my Beretta. I’ve wanted to do the GPS thingy, but I haven’t looked that much into it. I’ve been really fortunate. I’ve parked and driven my junk all over New Orleans and nary once had a problem.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Wondering what everyone uses to protect their Squarebodys. They are ridiculously easy to steal.

I'm using a GPS unit hidden on my truck that I can tract AFTER theft from my phone or home computer. And I can track my trips. Anyway, yes I have The Club, but I've personally seen a pile of steering wheels in a chop shop with the Club on them. I opted not to install "kill switches", etc., and to go with the GPS unit.

How about you? Maybe I should add another level of security!

Thankfully so far...

You must be registered for see images attach

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
I have a Holley Sniper/Dual Sync. Takes about 30 seconds to switch between a working tune to one with zero fuel and spark. Without the touchscreen or special cable and laptop and knowledge of the system, the truck won’t start. Also have a killswitch. I park at home inside my gate or in my construction yard inside a locked gate. Most of my running around in an actual town, is in Eldorado Hills or Folsom where the median income is well into the six figures, so I’m not super concerned. If I do go somewhere I’m unsure of, I employ the above measures.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ohiokm