ac delco battery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

towman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
v10
Engine Size
had a cadilac cts in the shop today, calls for a group 101 battery wich cost the shop 143 dollars wich is crazy, what pisses me off i bought a ac delco battery for it and it had a sticker on it saying made in china, can;t we make anything anymore

towman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
v10
Engine Size
yeah and use raybestos brakes all the time and right on the box made in china

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
My wife is wearing a summit racing hat with the American flag on the side, I checked the tag inside and it says "Made in Bangladesh"

My Justin slip on work boots that are cowboy style were made in china.

Half of my Mustang was made in Mexico.

I am sick of it, even trying to buy **** made here for a little more is getting hard. I searched for a grease gun made in the us and the closest I got was distributed by some place in the USA, that was the closest i found.

78shortandwide

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
We do make things here in the US, they just cost a lot more and the warranty usually sucks.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
$143 is not bad for a battery these days. But the fact its made in China does suck. I'd went to Auto Zone and bought a Duralast battery that are mostly made by Johnson Controls which make most Die Hards. You might have spent another $10-$20 though and that comes with a 3 year non prorated warranty.

dhamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
Truck Model
R-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
had a cadilac cts in the shop today, calls for a group 101 battery wich cost the shop 143 dollars wich is crazy, what pisses me off i bought a ac delco battery for it and it had a sticker on it saying made in china, can;t we make anything anymore

And therein lies what I think is the biggest problem of our society. All we want to do is design $hit, build $hit, import $hit, and buy $hit. We just want to leave all the ol' dirty, blue collar manufacturing to the other, poorer countries.....like we're above that or something. Our country was built on manufacturing, and now we've abandoned it and we're struggling. Maybe if Congress would get off their immature azzes and start to aggressively pressure these multi-billion dollar companies to keep their plants here, and reward them for doing so, everybody could back to work like they want to.

#officially stepping off my soapbox :birgits_tiredcoffee:

dhamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
Truck Model
R-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
$143 is not bad for a battery these days. But the fact its made in China does suck. I'd went to Auto Zone and bought a Duralast battery that are mostly made by Johnson Controls which make most Die Hards. You might have spent another $10-$20 though and that comes with a 3 year non prorated warranty.

$143 is not bad? I bought a battery for my BBC chevelle last year from AZone and I only paid like $110 for the mid-grade one. I was bitchin' for days about that! I thought being made in China made **** cheaper. I remember when I was in college you could get big Diehards for like $80 at Sears.

WHEELMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
BILL
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
454 v8
this has been going on for years now--the mfg,s have set in place..a deal where they sell you less for more money..it is that way with everything..it is just bigger profits.for them to make crap-in another country.that has child labor.the profits are so high.they do not care.if the product.goes bad.they just give you another one..

my brother manages a battery warehouse..exide battery.world wide company.they have there own plants.here in america.they have closed some.interstate battery..i think makes there own.i buy no auto parts.that are not made in the usa.if the store.does not have-usa..i go to another store.

if the big three does not have it.autozone-orileys-advanced-i hit-car quest then napa.you can still buy american made boots and what ever.just type in a search block.made in america..jeans-shirts.what have you..

you may have to pay a few dollars extra.but it is worth it.to help save the country.i know some tv,s like visio..there is not even a company..they just contract.to some butt holes in china..to make tv,s for them and put that name on it..

i all ways.check the labels.before buying something.if it is not usa.i put it down..americans are out of jobs.what are the politicians doing..for kick backs.they are exspanding the ports..for more imports

AMERICAS GOVERNMENT.HAS SOLD US OUT.they are filling there pockets with millions.from the rich and corporations.they all get paid to fail.we the people and America and they get benefits.and retirement for doing so.it is insane.

Last edited:

dhamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
Truck Model
R-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
I concur.........
I need to do better about looking at where stuff is made. I've just started taking notes within the last few months, but I'm still having to remind myself to look. I'm pretty consistent with buying car parts, but it's the other stuff like yard tools, etc that I don't even think about it.....and I should.:emotions122:

Last edited:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
this has been going on for years now--the mfg,s have set in place..a deal where they sell you less for more money..it is that way with everything..it is just bigger profits.for them to make crap-in another country.that has child labor.the profits are so high.they do not care.if the product.goes bad.they just give you another one..

my brother manages a battery warehouse..exide battery.world wide company.they have there own plants.here in america.they have closed some.interstate battery..i think makes there own.i buy no auto parts.that are not made in the usa.if the store.does not have-usa..i go to another store.

if the big three does not have it.autozone-orileys-advanced-i hit-car quest then napa.you can still buy american made boots and what ever.just type in a search block.made in america..jeans-shirts.what have you..

you may have to pay a few dollars extra.but it is worth it.to help save the country.i know some tv,s like visio..there is not even a company..they just contract.to some butt holes in china..to make tv,s for them and put that name on it..

i all ways.check the labels.before buying something.if it is not usa.i put it down..americans are out of jobs.what are the politicians doing..for kick backs.they are exspanding the ports..for more imports

AMERICAS GOVERNMENT.HAS SOLD US OUT.they are filling there pockets with millions.from the rich and corporations.they all get paid to fail.we the people and America and they get benefits.and retirement for doing so.it is insane.

I concur.........
I need to do better about looking at where stuff is made. I've just started taking notes within the last few months, but I'm still having to remind myself to look. I'm pretty consistent with buying car parts, but it's the other stuff like yard tools, etc that I don't even think about it.....and I should.:emotions122:

I agree with you both to save the American economy. I did buy a Toyota Corolla a few years ago. First foreign car I ever bought. I didn't have much of choice being a process server driving over 100 miles a day and gas was at $4 gallon. I had to trade in my 05 X cab Silverado Truck. Hated to do it, but Bush wasn't doing a damn thing about the gas prices of course. However, I did the research and bought the CE trim level since the CE trim level was built in USA. The LE was made in Japan. Still the profits went over seas, and I hated it badly, but I can only look myself in the mirror knowing that I saved an American job. Fact of the matter is, we do need to reciprocate to some degree on other countries who also buy our products including our scrap metals. If we didn't by *** cars, they'd have no reason to buy our scrap metal. If I do have to buy something foreign, I will choose Japan, especially in electronics. I avoid China and Korea whenever possible. I also try to avoid middle eastern products too. I almost bought some leather gloves the other day. Tag said, made in Pakistan. I want to burn that damn store down. :flipthebird: Just saying guys, there are going to be times we can't buy USA, but do your research and avoid the countries who hurt our economy the worst, like China and Korea. Korea ships us 4x the cars they all of US to be shipped to them. Very wrong. Stay away from Hyundai for example.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
I started a thread "Made in the USA" hoping we could share products we find made in the US.

One big culprit of this enormous clusterfuck is good ole wally world, that place is jam packed with chinese ********. My last job was located out of town in a big industrial park where they had a distribution center, this was the largest building I have ever seen.

Even if you are buying things in walmart labeled as made in the USA you are still giving those guys your money and supporting their business and they are shipping more cheap junk from China.

I have completely stopped going to walmart, we found a local employee owned grocery outlet that beats them in prices and does not feel creepy to be inside of.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Same here. I avoid WalMart whenever possible. I grocery shop at a locally owned chain of grocery stores. Their prices and their service, along with quality blow WalMart out of the water. Walmart Neighborhood Market is 2 blocks from my house, the family locally owned chain is almost 2 miles away but I damn sure make the drive 1 1/2 miles further to avoid WalMart. Then the WalMart SuperCenter is 2 1/2 miles the other direction. Its sick, as the crow flies, SuperCenter and Neighborhood market are about 1 mile apart. And our city council apporved that build. F ing ******** idiots. Lets keep in mind dumb ass politicians, bringing Walmart in does not create more revenue, it just moves the same revenue from the honest businesses to the greedy giant. WalMart has done nothing for Moore except run off all the mom and pop, and family owned businesses. Idiots, and the idiots who buy at WalMart to support them.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
The saddest thing is no body acknowledges that any of it. There is still constant crowds of people in and out all day and all night.

Sure walmart creates jobs for the working class guys like you and I but honestly who in the **** would want to work for them, every employee looks absolutely misreble. My 4 months in manufacturing (besides ******** managers) was actually enjoyable and I wish there was more manufacturing facilities hiring.

I have been having this long argument with my wife about apple products. I hate apple with a passion, every piece of **** Ipod phone they send over here was most likely manufactured for a dollar using exploited local chinese people and they are sold here for hundreds of dollars so Steve Jobs can continue to take over the world or whatever the hell he is up to.

The media coverage Steve Jobs resigning has WAY to much news coverage, its on every news channel in the loop and on every five minutes.

The best point I made to my wife so far was that my Dell laptop (made in china too) has been performing everything I have needed it to since I got it in 2005. 6 years of abuse, constant use and its still rockin. Its got plenty of power and the best part is.. if it breaks I can take it apart and actually fix it, a while ago Betsy stepped on my laptop and it ruined my hard drive. Quick trip down to best buy, 50 bucks later and its working flawlessly again.

You step on a mac book and that piece of **** is done for and you are out a grand.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Walmart IMO doesn't create jobs. They take away jobs from other businesses that were thriving in communities. Then the workforce that worked for the other businesses, lose their job, then forced to take a job at Walmart for lower pay and crappy ass benefits. If you ever known anyone to have medical benefits from Walmart, you'd know they aren't worth a **** compared to many other employers. But, you're right, as long as we keep supporting such business, they will stay and only get bigger. The rich get richer, the poor get poorer. Sadly, Target will not match WalMart prices on same like identical items. Walmart can get better prices on anything since they buy in much larger quantity than any other retailer in the world. There are a few things I don't really have a choice but to buy at WalMart, but trust me, I get those items, and I get the F out. Now, we recently had a Target SuperCenter open up in town, I hope to hell it gives Walmart a hurtin. I will spend a little more if I have to to avoid Walmart all together now tht Target is here. Target is the lesser of 2 evils.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kparris