52in to 56in spring swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
There will still be quite a difference. Here's the K10 springs that I'll be replacing with those C6P springs. And a pic of the holes I'll use to move the spring hanger back 4 inches. White arrows are existing for the 52in, red arrows are for the holes I'll use for the 56in springs.

You must be registered for see images attach

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected
I was hoping not to do a shackle flip. I've heard it's not a good idea to be carrying heavy weight or towing with the shackle flip so I wanted to avoid it because I do intend to tow with this truck using a drop receiver hitch.

I debated this also for a long time. I tow a 5th wheel from time to time. There aren't a lot of pictures of the 2.5" shackle flip with the "short/normal HD shackle" but I saw some that had this combo. Looked nice and strong. The bracket doesn't really hang down below the frame. Then just the shackle hangs down a bit. I figure it is plenty strong for towing. I also haul firewood and gravel from time to time.

I'd be afraid to use the stock shackle though. Here is a pic of the 2.5" (but with a stock shackle). I think it looks strong...

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
There will still be quite a difference. Here's the K10 springs that I'll be replacing with those C6P springs. And a pic of the holes I'll use to move the spring hanger back 4 inches. White arrows are existing for the 52in, red arrows are for the holes I'll use for the 56in springs.

no holes on mine predrilled. 86 k10 w/52" measured.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timk