1979 K20 5.3 Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfasaur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
What a shame !!! Post it in the Classifieds here in the For Sale Section. You should come up with a real price though. Noone likes to make offers and I can promise, no one who does make an offer, isn't going to offer to much so come up with something you can live with and go from there. Better chance of at least getting someone into negotiations if you list a price.

That’s a good call! I will throw a price on it and see what happens. When I first put it up for sale it was only a possibility that I would have to sell it, so I was more just seeing if there was any interest in it, but now it’s a sure thing that she needs to be re-homed. Pretty sad but life happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
just went through the thread looking for it and didn't find it. What did you do for your VSS signal? Just curious for future reference.

smurfasaur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
just went through the thread looking for it and didn't find it. What did you do for your VSS signal? Just curious for future reference.

Dakota digital passthrough speed sensor on the speedo cable at the transfer case. It has a 4K PPM signal if I remember right. Apparently you can have your pcm flashed for 4K p but I already had my pcm flashed so I also used a Dakota converter box doodad (sgi-5 I think) to bump it up to 128k PPM.

I can get you the part numbers if you want, I know I have them somewhere

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
I can get you the part numbers if you want, I know I have them somewhere

Nah don't worry about it. I like to keep an eye out for different setups/options. I fit a reluctor wheel on the output shaft and drilled/tapped the adapter to fit a screw in sensor (OEM). Someone here had done it that way, so I copied due to it being cheaper.

smurfasaur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Nah don't worry about it. I like to keep an eye out for different setups/options. I fit a reluctor wheel on the output shaft and drilled/tapped the adapter to fit a screw in sensor (OEM). Someone here had done it that way, so I copied due to it being cheaper.

Ah gotcha yeah now that you say that I remember seeing that in your build thread (I think it was yours anyhow).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deankelly