6.0 swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eassquare84

Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Hello, new here. Just trying to find my way and a good following of ls 6.0 swapping my 84 k10. I’ve built the truck from the ground up. Everything other than motor, transmission, body is brand new underneath.. So far I have a 6.0, 4l80, I have verified with a guy back home that does ls swaps for a living that my transfer case should work with it. Does that mean maybe not needing new driveshafts? I have an intake, power steering, harness, computer, transcooler, etc. My questions are what all do I have to change? Motor mounts obviously. What’s best way for fuel, in-line regulator or different pump for tank. Not to worried with gauges at the moment, trying to figure the main components to get the truck moving/moveable.
Anyone tried the terminator kit from summit?

Nasty-LSX

TogetherforeverCovid19
Reaction score
First Name
Mi Hung Lo
Truck Year
85/86/87
Truck Model
c10/k10/k20
Engine Size
LSX
If your on a budget build I cant help you. if your willing to do this build the correct way with good stuff your
at the right place. Yoy dont need a terminator. For $1300 you can get a plug and play PSI complete harness
with ECU and everything you need to start it up with a base tune already in it. Here is the start of my build.
From this video you can find the others on my channel. I run all the good dependable stuff. :happy160:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

Strick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Crew
Engine Size
Welcome from NC. There are threads & members here that can assist you. Good luck.

HS

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
Hello, new here. Just trying to find my way and a good following of ls 6.0 swapping my 84 k10. I’ve built the truck from the ground up. Everything other than motor, transmission, body is brand new underneath.. So far I have a 6.0, 4l80, I have verified with a guy back home that does ls swaps for a living that my transfer case should work with it. Does that mean maybe not needing new driveshafts? I have an intake, power steering, harness, computer, transcooler, etc. My questions are what all do I have to change? Motor mounts obviously. What’s best way for fuel, in-line regulator or different pump for tank. Not to worried with gauges at the moment, trying to figure the main components to get the truck moving/moveable.
Anyone tried the terminator kit from summit?
since it's not a daily driver, I would do the 'burb tank mod. It's highly suggested to have baffles for your fuel pump (if it's in the tank). I'm guessing your tank(s) don't have baffles. So for about $20 more than a saddle tank, you can have a 'burb tank with baffles and more capacity.

If you go this route, make sure you mount the fuel filter/pressure regulator in a super easy spot to get to in the future. Mine has in-tank pump and rail mounted corvette filter/pressure regulator. My engine does not have fuel return at the engine....it's at the filter/regulator in the rear.

I ran steel line from the back to the front and used AN fittings to tap into it at both ends. Cheaper than hose the whole way.

Good start for ya :)

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
-98 camaro 5.7 temp sensor (3 wire). This will provide the ECM the temperature as well as your stock gauge.
-oil pressure adapter from Autometer (so you can use your existing "bell" pressure sender back by the firewall).

consti2tion

Reaction score
First Name
Cw
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Suburban
Engine Size
If your 6.0 has a return line on the fuel rail it's easy enough to just run a new feed line from the tank and use the original(carburetor) feed line for your return back to the tank. You can use the 87 TBI saddle tanks, they are baffled. I haven't messed with the dual tank stuff so I can't help on the selector valve stuff if that's what you desire. Suburban/Blazer tanks are cheap enough if you wanted the higher capacity and simplicity of a single tank.

Drauka99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10
Engine Size
6.0 LQ4
Does that mean maybe not needing new driveshafts?

more than likely you will need to shorten the driveshaft

My questions are what all do I have to change? Motor mounts obviously.

motor mount adapters (new mounts themselves are recommended) you will need to come up with a cooling system plan, you can use the LS system, it fits in our trucks with some minor mods, or you can use a big block radiator, or others have came up with their own combinations that work. will need to provision an area for air cleaner, ecu and such. Also will need to decided if you are going Drive By Wire or Drive by Cable, cable I have seen you can use a 2000s model Silverado throttle cable and it will work, if DBW there are lots of bracket options to make it fit the C10 cab, I went with a 99 Silverado Diesel pedal. Also, you can plumb the LS power steering to the C10 steering box. Some use new front accessory drive systems to make them fit better, but I had no issues with the factory placement in mine, the AC compressor is usually the main issue.

What’s best way for fuel, in-line regulator or different pump for tank.

will need a different fuel pump, the TBI pumps don't put out enough. I ran all new fuel lines (with an inline filter) direct to the factory LS fuel rails, my donor motor had a regulator built in on the intake manifold. If that's not the case for you then you will need a fuel pressure regulator, some use a true regulator (my recommendation in this case) and others use a corvette style fuel filter that has a regulator built into it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satansdad