1978 drier location

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryan_289

Reaction score
First Name
RYAN
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Royal Sierra
Engine Size
I am trying to get my 1978 c25 ac back up and running. The system was all closed up but the po said the main hose was leaking. I ordered a new line and drier on rock auto. The drier that I got doesn't appear to be on my truck? It looks like a normal drier canister with fittings on top. I don't have that on mine. Is the drier in the accumulator tank on mine?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
I am trying to get my 1978 c25 ac back up and running. The system was all closed up but the po said the main hose was leaking. I ordered a new line and drier on rock auto. The drier that I got doesn't appear to be on my truck? It looks like a normal drier canister with fittings on top. I don't have that on mine. Is the drier in the accumulator tank on mine?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Yeah you got it. That big silver canister in the evaporator outlet piping is a combined accumulator/filter/drier:

You must be registered for see images attach

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25 Camper Special TH350 NP203
Engine Size
Some of the driers have only fittings on top, and the there is a pipe on top that forms a T shape to make the connections.

The drier in my '75 has one fitting pointing out from the upper part of one side, and a second fitting on the bottom pointing down. On most replacement driers there is a separate short curved pipe that attaches to the bottom fitting, and it can be swiveled to line up with the A/C lines. I think my original delco dryer had the curved pipe welded to the canister.

If you take a look at page 78 of the LMC truck catalog it shows that a '79 should have a filter/dryer like my '75, so maybe you are missing the curved pipe for the bottom, or maybe they sold you the other type of canister.

Bruce

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silverado9019