Would different shocks make a difference?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigcountry78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
I am curious, I have a 76 K10 and I put new Monroes on it last year. I getting up there in years and like the smoother rides. I didn't really notice much difference in the ride from the old ancient shocks and the new Monroes. My question is, if I get new leaf springs with just 1 less spring in the front AND the rear, will my ride be easier on the kidneys? I current have 3 in the front and 6 in the rear. I just use it to drive on weekends and don't haul anything in it.
Too bad you’re so far away, I have 5 leaves in the rear and two in the front. I’d swap for the heavier springs since I haul and tow a good bit.

bigcountry78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
I got the Gabriel’s in today, the Ranchos were done. All four could be pushed in with one hand, and they wouldn’t come back out. The ride is better, but it’s hard to explain how. It’s firm, but not in an uncomfortable way. It’s more controlled. Less body roll in the corners, and the brake dive is gone. You feel the bumps, but they’re definitely more subdued and it’s a one and done. Not two or three bounces. For $13 each, I’m satisfied.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheBeast1990