Wiper Switch Wiring Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JPE

Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Recently bought a 1986 Chevy Fleetside. Body & paint have been worked on and are in decent shape. Runs & drives pretty good. Unfortunately the interior & gauges/electrical need a lot of help.

Trying to figure out why the wipers aren't working & I believe the harness in the attached pic comes from the wiper switch on the column. Assuming this is correct, I'm guessing problem #1 is that it isn't plugged in to anything. Next issue is I don't see anything that looks like it matches this connector. Any idea what I should be looking for?

Attachments

• Wiper.jpg
    Wiper.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 95

GTME94

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500 C6P Camper Special
Engine Size
454/TH400/14bff 3.73
If it has intermittent wipers there will be a small black box with silver fins that it plugs into. The other end of the box plugs into the vehicle side connector.

If Standard wipers then the two connectors plug into each other without the box in between.

JPE

Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Thanks. No intermittent so no delay box. Unfortunately still can't find anything that looks like it should be the opposing connector. I assume the connector I'm looking for should be coming from the fuse block, correct?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PapaBear8486