Wiper issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Ok here's what I've got my 1984 Chevrolet C-20 I've been having on going wiper issues. So just after I got the truck, I replaced the wiper motor I had two choices a cardon reman unit for $40, or an A/C Delco new unit for $120. Obviously I went with the $40 unit. Now I've had it warrenteed twice. One had a non-functioning washer pump, the next one did something very odd. Sometimes it would work just fine, other times it would run slow, sometimes so slowly it would damn near stop, sometimes it would stop. It seemed like if it was working fine when I turned it off it would work fine the next time at least for a while. If I turned it off with it running slow it would start up slow, and later might improve or stop for a while. Sometimes the motor would be pretty warm to the touch. I ran electrical tests and it seemed like it was getting the power and ground it should be.

So this time I bought the A/C Delco unit. On my way home last night I wondered if I'd missed something, while I have seen a string of defective rebuilt units in the past it's not really that common. So I'm bringing this up to see what you all think, and if I have trouble again what do you think I should check? Switch seems to work ok, but I'm not really sure where the ground from the switch is located and I think I'd feel better if I knew and could check it.

Thanks.

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I try to avoid the remans as much as I can anymore.....BTDT with many - even high end names. I'm going to have to approach the wiper issue myself. Got awhile so still looking. Would go new Delco or even something steep like THIS. I just dont want to have to keep messing with it.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
I try to avoid the remans as much as I can anymore.....BTDT with many - even high end names. I'm going to have to approach the wiper issue myself. Got awhile so still looking. Would go new Delco or even something steep like THIS. I just dont want to have to keep messing with it.
I don't generally go for remans either because of to many issues, but in this case when I initially ordered the first motor the parts house said it was the only thing a available locally and my wipers weren't working at all and I needed to get home. I had to have the delco unit ordered in.

Sent from my damn phone using Tapatalk

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
I'm relatively sure the delco unit will solve my issues, but still as we approach the rainy season I'd like to be prepaid in case I have troubles.

Sent from my damn phone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tporter79