Windshield Wiper Motor Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1lejohn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
john
Truck Year
1985 , 2004
Truck Model
k-1500, 2500 HD
Engine Size
350, 6.7
The cables do connect together at the bottom of the column thus by passing the module. The wipers will work on fast and slow. You will not have the delay or park function. I have had a couple of the modules go out on me. You have to park the wipers by holding the switch and letting off at the right time for the wipers to park. FWIW the circuit for the wipers is very complicated. I guess it beats the old vacuum type wipers.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Thank you.
The C type just looks like a big fat C. I’ll try to post a photo of it and my application.

You must be registered for see images attach

That 'C' type circuit board is what's under the cover on that second wiper motor I posted.

Jwasnewski

Reaction score
First Name
Leroy
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC SUBURBAN SLE
Engine Size
5.7L
The cables do connect together at the bottom of the column thus by passing the module. The wipers will work on fast and slow. You will not have the delay or park function. I have had a couple of the modules go out on me. You have to park the wipers by holding the switch and letting off at the right time for the wipers to park. FWIW the circuit for the wipers is very complicated. I guess it beats the old vacuum type wipers.

Thank you. This is what I suspected would happen and will try it this weekend. Without a schematic it probably isn’t gonna be easy.
My suspicion is the board is bad even though it’s new but who knows at this point. Not certain how to test the delay circuits. I presume the delay circuits are power activated as opposed to ground.
My high and low work and park works but my washer and delay does not.
Cruise works but that’s a separate harness I think.

Jwasnewski

Reaction score
First Name
Leroy
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC SUBURBAN SLE
Engine Size
5.7L
Well. Everything on that turn signal stalk works ——cruise, Wiper low , Wiper high, washer pump, mist, turn signals—except Wiper delay.
So it’s either the switch or the board. Both are new. I don’t have enough knowledge to know how to test the board so I guess it will stay this way until I find someone who can trouble shoot it. Gotta find an old timer. Thanks for the help!

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I may be wrong on the year at 91 but my set up does not have the pulse board on/in the motor face. The pulse board is impossible to find as well. I just read somewhere that a later model motor with the pulse board (C type) set up is a plug and play. Every part in my wiper system is new and the delay Still does not work. Frustrating and expensive.

If you can't find the delay module why do you believe you have the delay option?

Jwasnewski

Reaction score
First Name
Leroy
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC SUBURBAN SLE
Engine Size
5.7L
Ok, folks. This is the resolution to the pulse issue. It’s not the board.

So, I was completely redoing all my switches on the courtesy lights because they were intermittent and acted like there was a stray ground somewhere. I found a wire testing Tool in the dash hooked to a ground wire. It does not belong to me so it has to belong to the mechanic who repaired my dash lights.
I removed it, taped the bare ground wire and my interior light work perfectly as does the pulse system now.

Jwasnewski

Reaction score
First Name
Leroy
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC SUBURBAN SLE
Engine Size
5.7L
Photo

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Well that's a new one!

Jwasnewski

Reaction score
First Name
Leroy
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC SUBURBAN SLE
Engine Size
5.7L
Well that's a new one!
yes it is but I learned from my RV days that stray grounds of bad grounds can play havoc, so I kept on digging. Believe it or not, this situation with the courtesy lights was causing power to switch and bleed down the jamb switch line which is a ground side of the bulb, but did not blow a fuse. No idea how it actually did that but I watched it on my test light. When I introduced an alligator clip ground to the nut that screws into the jamb it switched back and the lights worked. Weirdest thing.
Anyway, the pulse works, courtesy lights work and I would not be terribly surprised Now, if my intermittent code 32 and 42 disappear.
Thanks fir the input.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistafishe