Wild-assed JDM camber

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

facelessnumber

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
My truck's front wheels have enough negative camber to make a winged and fart-piped Civic driver proud. I thought this was due to horribly worn out ball joints, but it's not. (The reason it drove like it had horribly worn out ball joints turned out to be the right upper control arm was barely bolted on.)

I fixed everything I could find on the front end that needed attention, it drives nice now. Every bushing I saw looks acceptable. The alignment seems ok (although obviously it can't be) but the front wheels are still tilted noticeably in at the top.

What can cause this? What has someone done to this truck that I need to undo? I looked at the springs, they don't appear to have been cut. If it's been lowered somehow it wasn't much. It seems like the LCA's would need to come inward like an inch for this to be fixed. Is there even that much adjustment in those? The uppers could be shimmed out I guess, but it would take a lot.

Any guidance would be appreciated. This LOOKS to me like more than they can correct with a simple alignment at a shop, but I could be wrong.

J Knight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
82 Chevy
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350ci
Can you post some pics? If its not lowered an alignment "should" correct the problem.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
The way you described this problem has me laughing my ass off.

facelessnumber

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
Seems to be good now, thanks to the alignment shop's special Shitload O' Shims method.

guitarfreak235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
86 86
Truck Model
k10 c20
Engine Size
350 350
happen to have pics? sounds pretty humorous to me :popcorn: