Which electric fuel pump for diesel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
First Name
Ryan billings
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 suburban
Engine Size
6.2L diesel
I have a cheapie on it now that crapped out on me. Any nicer inline electric diesel fuel pump recomendations?

You must be registered for see images attach

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
We used to sell a Delphi pump that people seemed to have good luck with. I'll get a part number for you when I get to work tomorrow.

84 M1008

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
M1008 K30
Engine Size
6.2 diesel
Did you upgrade to a spin on filter yet?

Blue Ox

Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
The Delphi "Universal" 12V pump is an HFP950. The HFP922 "GM" is the same basic pump but with a GM Weatherpak connector. The universal pump has no connector, so you wire it up yourself. It also comes with some adapters so you can connect to different hose sizes.

We're selling the universal pump for $112. But you can probably find them cheaper online.

Blue Ox

Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
We're selling the universal pump for $112. But you can probably find them cheaper online.

I know this should probably go in the rant thread, but out of curiosity I looked the pump up on line, and Delphi is selling it cheaper on Amazon than I can buy it from them and I'm a dealer! Then we wonder why it's so hard to make a living. :banghead:

Reaction score
First Name
Ryan billings
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 suburban
Engine Size
6.2L diesel
Yeah I dunno where this country is going but I really don’t like it. This whole country is being taken over by huge corporations and billionaires and **** like Covid-19 is only increasing our dependencies on the giant chain stores while companies like Boeing are being “bailed out” they are a giant company how the **** are they out of business after 2 weeks 500 billion to bail out these giant company’s? How big is too big to fail? Why have all the CEO’s of all the major company’s stepped down right before all this happened? All of this is complete ******** and something ****** up is going on and we all need to wake the **** up and realize what’s actually happening and stand up to all this ********. I’m a shitbag poor **** but apparently I’m smart I went to a really good college and I learned allot while I was there. Allot about how much it matters who your family is and who the people are that actually run the world. It really puts it into perspective when you find out your buddy’s mom who works for Bank of America makes more in a day working as a ******* credit card whatever the **** than both of your parents combined working hard ass manual labor jobs make in 10 years. It’s ******. I work In The fishing industry we directly harvest food for people. What the **** is more important than that. Than farmers. Than everyday badass motherfuckers that make this country what it is. And yet fuckheads that run headge funds and ********* that do next to no real ******* work run the world? This country is in the ******* real Ass people need to stand up and kick slack do nothing ******** to the curb. Down with lobbyists down with billionares. Anybody ever thaught that maybe if the “wealthy *****” of the world weren’t so ******* greedy we would all have enough savings to get thru this. But no instead all the poor ass ***** that we are should be so happy to be getting some ******** check. We should all be so greatfull.... we all need to wake up and take back the power to the people. There is no reason why senators politicians congressmen should be rich *****. They are public servants. Why are they all such wealthy alcoholic peodophile *****? Wtf they are supposed to serve the people not be flying In first class or private jets with private security..... I dunno and if I’m wrong I’m wrong I don’t claim to know more than I do but if you look at it non of this **** makes sense and if you ask me there is allot of **** that point to some pretty influential ppl being pretty big pieces of complete **** that people just don’t seem to be worried About cuz the media doesn’t make a big thing out of it. I just want us all to get on The right track again.

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
T
Yeah I dunno where this country is going but I really don’t like it. This whole country is being taken over by huge corporations and billionaires and **** like Covid-19 is only increasing our dependencies on the giant chain stores while companies like Boeing are being “bailed out” they are a giant company how the **** are they out of business after 2 weeks 500 billion to bail out these giant company’s? How big is too big to fail? Why have all the CEO’s of all the major company’s stepped down right before all this happened? All of this is complete ******** and something ****** up is going on and we all need to wake the **** up and realize what’s actually happening and stand up to all this ********. I’m a shitbag poor **** but apparently I’m smart I went to a really good college and I learned allot while I was there. Allot about how much it matters who your family is and who the people are that actually run the world. It really puts it into perspective when you find out your buddy’s mom who works for Bank of America makes more in a day working as a ******* credit card whatever the **** than both of your parents combined working hard ass manual labor jobs make in 10 years. It’s ******. I work In The fishing industry we directly harvest food for people. What the **** is more important than that. Than farmers. Than everyday badass motherfuckers that make this country what it is. And yet fuckheads that run headge funds and ********* that do next to no real ******* work run the world? This country is in the ******* real Ass people need to stand up and kick slack do nothing ******** to the curb. Down with lobbyists down with billionares. Anybody ever thaught that maybe if the “wealthy *****” of the world weren’t so ******* greedy we would all have enough savings to get thru this. But no instead all the poor ass ***** that we are should be so happy to be getting some ******** check. We should all be so greatfull.... we all need to wake up and take back the power to the people. There is no reason why senators politicians congressmen should be rich *****. They are public servants. Why are they all such wealthy alcoholic peodophile *****? Wtf they are supposed to serve the people not be flying In first class or private jets with private security..... I dunno and if I’m wrong I’m wrong I don’t claim to know more than I do but if you look at it non of this **** makes sense and if you ask me there is allot of **** that point to some pretty influential ppl being pretty big pieces of complete **** that people just don’t seem to be worried About cuz the media doesn’t make a big thing out of it. I just want us all to get on The right track again.

Tell us how you really feel. All I got to add is **** everything Chinese! Get your head out of your ass America. The blame goes squarely on our worthless, dumb ass politicians that got us to this point. Hats off to the Chinese for being smarter than the ********** we have elected over the decades.

Reaction score
First Name
Ryan billings
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 suburban
Engine Size
6.2L diesel
I don’t really feel any way I just observe and report and this **** is what I see. I’m just a ******* but things just don’t seem to add up. And I’m not just a guy who has lived In my own little hole.

ABINIDI

Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30 3+3
Engine Size
6.2L diesel Banks Turbo
So..... Can I ask what pump did you have on it before that sucked and gave up the ghost? I still have a mechanical one that is starting to piss oil out of it, so ill have to decide soon what to do,,,was thinking of going electric just so i can not have it in the shittiest spot to get too, like my current one is on the block , no room to fist it to take off.....turbo shizz, exhaust pipe, etc makes is a b!tich to get too.

Was looking at the Carter P4070 pump....... anyone mess with this squirter?

Reaction score
First Name
Ryan billings
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 suburban
Engine Size
6.2L diesel
Well I wasn’t 100 percent sure but I looked at it the day I saw the pump reference post and I’m pretty sure that the pump that’s on it is the Delphi one and that thing has o my been on there a year or two. Still gotta check wiring bit I was kinda hoping there was a better option maybe with a nicer mount possibly higher pressure? Not sure if it would help but this ole diesel could use all the help it can get right now. I’m probably gonna look at it tomorrow I’ll let you know if it’s still good and my wiring is the problem. Deffinetly though an electric pump is THE way to go on these trucks. Also I found the ord crossmember helps allot with space when the turbo is there but also the crossover pipe from the drivers side to the turbo will no longer fit and need to be modified.

Blue Ox

Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
They all look about the same. Chinese or original. It's not always easy to tell where they come from.

Reaction score
First Name
Ryan billings
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 suburban
Engine Size
6.2L diesel
Turns out it was wiring. Had a few issues before I took it off the road a year ago to tear into it and apparently I forgot about a few things. I’m pretty sure I Baught a Delphi pump at a Napa for I dunno 65 bucks maybe more but it was a universal and came with all the stuff in the pic above and has always worked great I would recommend it. Also with the pump working again my truck has plenty of power again. I was worried all the stuff I did to it made it a dog but not so much. Pretty happy overall. Still got some wiring and lighting to frig with. Also anybody done the plastic assembly that your blinker/wiper arm goes into? Tried to replace the arm and found the switch is bad not sure what it takes to r and r

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aaron06