Where's Wyoming? (81 k20)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Turt13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Figure since I'm on this site enough, and am currently working on my truck quite often, I'd introduce myself, and icky vikky.
I'm Travis, and Vikky is my beat up, neglected, charity-case chevy. She's a1981 3/4 k20, with a 70s bed. Her and I have been in this really strange relationship for a little over a year now. I say strange, because when I bought her, I was looking for a reliable, affordable(ish), 3/4-1 ton truck to pull my camper, over filled with tools and my whole life packed into it, halfway across state.And while she may have completed that task, and many others, she has not been to happy about really anything. Except when she finds a couple mud holes.
Anyways, with more then her towing capacity behind her, and plenty of weight on her back, she fought for 7-8hrs of driving. With an out of adjustment carb, water pump leak, brake line leak, oil leak(s), diff leak, bad exhaust leaks, swapped licensed plates, unlicensed and uninsured driver, and etc, we made it. Before we left, right after we got it home, she wouldn't start. So, I put new pluhs, wires, cap, battery, alternator, redid some wiring from the bat to alt, and alt to the truck.
Good to go, right?
Yeah, right. Man you shoulda seen some of the concerned peoples faces watching me pulled over pouring in gallons of water from the rest stop, wrapping coolant lines, covered in grease and grime, just trying to keep the bitch on the road.
See, that's why it's a strange relationship. I throw money at her like she's a stripper, and give her a better life then what she had. And she will oblige me like a stripper would with your *** of cash, and do what she HAD to, flaunt what she's got but just enough to keep you interested. And like a stripper with daddy issues, she masked a whole undercarriage of issues.
She wasn't supposed to be a daily, first off. After the move, she never left our little town of a But 100 people. Nearest gas station was 20 miles, so we used has cans. And used the nearby fields and trails next to the rivers as a personal mud holes and for all kinds of 4x4 hooning. Even my Beemer (rip) had a turn or twenty. But now through the luck of 2020, she is. Our only running daily. And that has caused a whole bunch of issues to surface, or caught attention.
So, with at most 4k miles put on ber(thats with wheel spin) and a list of **** done, she shouldn't be acting the way she does. She's had: plugs, wires, cap, alt, battery, valve adjustment, water pump, belts, heater core, choke hooked up, vacuum leak in the t400s line fixed, fuel filter, diff leak fixed, exhaust leak started to be fixed(which made it worse...-_-), tires and rims, New edelbrok carb (or so I was told when I got her), timming adj, makeshift cigarette foil fuses replaced, and a slew of other mis. Things I can't think of atm. And she's giving me more trouble now then she did when I first drove her home. Ill explain what's going on in a different thread. For now,
Hello from Wyo,
and thank you all that make this site possible. (Pics to come)

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502
Welcome from NC :wave:

Poppy 87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado
Engine Size
Welcome from Georgia!!

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
Welcome from Texas

Babs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet CUCV
Engine Size
:welcome:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Welcome to GMSB !!! Yep, we'll need to see pics of this pole dancing daily ****. Visit the Under Construction section and start a build thread. Then you can document all her progress and transformation.

HOTFOOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
gmc k3500 srw
Engine Size
Welcome from ct. but you can’t be a member without pictures, we like pictures!!! WELCOME

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Welcome, from just across the border to the north.

WFO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Welcome from the Texas Panhandle.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350
Great intro! Welcome aboard. Don't let her hide in the shadows, shame her with some photos of her slutty ways.

Turt13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Ok, sooooo.
I did promise pictures, and so ill post a few here, but if you really wanna see her up close and personal (believe me, she's been abused.) your gonna have to go to my next thread. I would tell you how to find it, except I'm sure you already know how. And the fact that it doesn't exist yet. I plan on taking your advise, hotrod. I already regret not logging the 'progress' on this one better, but a thread like that may keep me more committed to keeping better records of my shop shenanigans. Although, I guess it's just shenanigans, I don't have a shop. So, without further ramblings, here is, icky vicki:
You must be registered for see images attach

She's ugly, but she's hard not to stare at...
Maybe that's cuz she's a square body.
Or Maybe it cuz she's ugly. Who knows.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silverado9019