Where can I get a custom SPID label typed up?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ssgleoleal@yaho

Reaction score
First Name
Leo
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Are you talking about the sticker in the Glove box? That is the RPO code list of everything in your vehicle. I got my old one and reproduced it using Excel om my PC

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
C60 : HVAC SYSTEM, AIR CONDITIONER FRT MAN CONTROLS
C61 : HVAC SYSTEM, AIR CONDITIONER FRT AUTO CONTROLS
DD7 : MIRROR I/S, R/V, LT SENSITIVE, C0MPASS
DD8 : MIRROR I/S, R/V, LT SENSITIVE
LT5 : ENGINE, GAS, 8 CYL, 5.7L, MFI, OHC
might have to fudge a little or make up a few

Damn Mixmaster, you pulled that off well. I'm impressed!

MisterB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K2500 4X4
Engine Size
I approved the sample today, and he's mailing me two copies, with the plastic that covers it to install in the glove box. The other copy will probably go in the window if I enter it in a car show.

Guy does good work, and it nice to deal with.

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

gmachinz

Harnessworx Inc
Reaction score
First Name
Jabin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I’ve been so busy completing harness orders I havent had time to reply lol...my repro SPID tags are $59 ea shipped. I do both stock replacement or custom options as well. Here is a sample of one...I’ve done probably 75-100 of these so far...all different years from 67-91 and even newer stuff, too. Beaides building harnesses I’m also a graphic designer so I’m a little pickier than most towards accuracy lol.

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
You can buy blank labels from LMC for 8$... I'm thinking I'll do that and try printing my own on my laser printer.

Worst case, I suck and it turns out terrible and then I'm out $8. I'll probably do it as a trial run when I do my engine swap this year since I'll probably need to redo it when I repaint the whole truck in a few years anyways

MisterB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K2500 4X4
Engine Size
You can buy blank labels from LMC for 8$... I'm thinking I'll do that and try printing my own on my laser printer.

Worst case, I suck and it turns out terrible and then I'm out $8. I'll probably do it as a trial run when I do my engine swap this year since I'll probably need to redo it when I repaint the whole truck in a few years anyways
Good luck. The font will probably look off, and getting it to print within the margins on the sticker is going to be trial and error at best.

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
Good luck. The font will probably look off, and getting it to print within the margins on the sticker is going to be trial and error at best.

I found a thread somewhere that had a guy who found a very close font. He named the font and the site that had it. He also had an excel spreadsheet that he offered up that allowed him to print it pretty well.

He just printed it onto a blank sheet and then lined it up with the label so it shined through to check it. Once he got it all lined up just the way he wanted it, he taped the sheet to the top of a blank piece of paper and ran it through. It looked pretty darn good. He said his total time invested ended up around 1 1/2 hours. Seems worth it to me just to not have to explain to someone else what I actually want.

gmachinz

Harnessworx Inc
Reaction score
First Name
Jabin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Gotta be able to reproduce the other labels too so as to bring the look all together...such as these too...

Good luck finding “blanks” for those lol

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Good point. He strikes me as one of the over analytical types that takes his hobby of making stickers WAY too seriously. A captain fussy pants. If he can't see the humor in a SPID that shows 35" tires and a 6" lift, then he's beyond help.

Yep some people also think cause you put some original part from some different car or truck into yours that it means yours is all original. No it just means it's all original parts, you still have swapped from your specific vehicles original bumper, quarter panel starter or alternator or whatever you just put in there. And your correct no matter how real and even if the same paper is used and put in the same spot and if they look perfect original, it's not cause there reproduction stickers...even if you bought them from GM there still reproduction!?

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
Gotta be able to reproduce the other labels too so as to bring the look all together...such as these too...

Good luck finding “blanks” for those lol

mic you are doing a restoration, absolutely! Getting something like that correct is insanely difficult. My truck is missing every sticker, since it has been painted at least once and the stickers were not replaced. I won’t have a whole lot of original anything on it, so original stickers aren’t very important to me. Making a neat SPID label with newer RPO codes and Gaga ones that match the installed equipment would be just as fun to make as it would be to have it in the first place for me.

Doing it right for an actual period restoration is way harder and well worth the money if that’s what you are looking for.

Salty Crusty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Truck Year
Truck Model
c1500
Engine Size
Good point. He strikes me as one of the over analytical types that takes his hobby of making stickers WAY too seriously. A captain fussy pants. If he can't see the humor in a SPID that shows 35" tires and a 6" lift, then he's beyond help.

Yep.
Jeez, it's not like you're asking someone to duplicate a VIN tag...

M38A1

Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
Are you still making new SPID stickers?

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
Who are you asking? If you use the @ symbol and then type a screen name it will tag that person in your post. If you are asking gmachinz, he got kicked off this forum a few years ago for being kind of a dirtbag. He did good work when it made it to the customer, but I think he was having some substance abuse issues and intermittently he would just ghost people and disappear for a while.

The websites listed in Post #2 and #3 in this thread are both still good I think.

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
You can also hit the "Quote" button at the bottom of a post to directly respond to a specific post.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickybobby69