Where can I find replacement trim screws?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

da_raabi

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
Does anybody know where I can find the correct silver trim screws used throughout the interior of our trucks? I found some on ebay, they call them "oval head" - whatever that means - but they don't seem right. The ones I'm pulling out of MY trim seem to have this little integral washer-thing that is shaped like the countersink of the screw. It seems to be a separate piece as it spins freely on the head of the screw. Anyone know where I can find replacements, or even just what to call them? LMC only has black screws, and the only other thing I can find is the "oval head". My screws are all rusty and stripped so new ones would be nice.

Help!!!

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
I know what you mean about the value of authentic hardware. I always get my hardware from these guys. It is so accurate that I can just mix their stuff with the OEM fasteners to compete the set. I shouldn't even put it that way because it's usually NOS screws that they supply. All their big ticket items are gone now, but they still have a huge warehouse filled with the more mundane NOS parts - and they do not price gouge.

Here are just a few screenshots of interior hardware. See if you recognize anything. The category is above the blue banner near the top - in the red box in the first image

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

da_raabi

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
I know what you mean about the value of authentic hardware. I always get my hardware from these guys. It is so accurate that I can just mix their stuff with the OEM fasteners to compete the set. I shouldn't even put it that way because it's usually NOS screws that they supply. All their big ticket items are gone now, but they still have a huge warehouse filled with the more mundane NOS parts - and they do not price gouge.

Here are just a few screenshots of interior hardware. See if you recognize anything. The category is above the blue banner near the top - in the red box in the first image

That actually helped a lot. The screw is similar to this:

http://www.classicparts.com/1979-91-Door-Panel-Retainer-Screws-Chrome-Head/productinfo/19-281/

The washer part just looks bigger than the ones I pulled out.

Then there is this one, which - based on the title - would seem to be the one I need. Yet it does not have the washer part?

http://www.classicparts.com/1973-91-Interior-Molding-Retainer-Screw/productinfo/21-987/

When I get home this afternoon I'll snap a couple shots of the ones I'm pulling out. Maybe they are wrong to begin with?

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
Did you catch this note under the image:

The screws that hold the door panel to the door shell. Use 19-280 retainer with this. Also used on 88-91 R/V series.

Does that sound like someone unfamilar with stock GM hardware? Trust me, they know what they do.

Last edited:

da_raabi

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
I think I might have misspoke. I meant I was wondering if the old screws I'm pulling out were wrong, not classicparts. I've noticed that some things don't appear "original" in my truck so I was just thinking my screws may have been changed out at some point.

As far as the two I linked to, I think that door panel screw is the closest to what I have, its just in my instance they are used all over the truck. Everything from the B-pillars to the piece that runs along the top of the cab. Even the chrome trim along the doors that holds the edge of the carpet down seems to use these screws. That's why I'm confused.

Is that retainer available separately? Maybe that's my issue. It could actually be a 2-piece screw.

da_raabi

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
Well here is a pic of the screws I pulled out. You can definitely see why I want to replace them!

I found these at home depot and figured I'd give them a try. Being stainless they might last a bit longer. I havent had a chance to try them yet, but I'll update once I do.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt...e-Sheet-Metal-Screw-50-Piece-800112/204275124

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
If you have a Lowe's around, I know they have a small selection of automotove trim screws.

da_raabi

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
Well I can say the ones I linked to actually worked quite well. I've used almost a pack at this point. Being stainless they should last a while too!

MikeB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Hard to find screws with that type washer. I did find these, though. They're not the correct length and maybe the wrong gauge, but maybe the vendor has the ones you need. You might also try boltdepot.com

http://www.tacomascrew.com/s.nl/it.A/id.21161/.f

You must be registered for see images

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bhardiman1