What size is my fuel tank?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Being EFI, they really need to have some fuel in them for best pump life, and I suspect GM's rating of tanks was a little more conservative on the early EFI to account for it.
I went the opposite direction from SquareRoot on my wife's daily. She liked to run it lower than it should, to the point of me having to rescue her with a 5 gallon can a few times. With HPTuners, I adjusted it to read a couple gallons lower without her knowing, and we haven't had issues since. The speedometer is also a few MPH fast to help on the speeding tickets...
Smart guy. I set the clocks 10 minutes fast in my house and she's still late!

hoagster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
1973, 2000
Truck Model
K10, 1500
Engine Size
5.3l
Well thinking about your issue, I'll almost bet that either or both of your fuel hose's from the filler to the tank are done! I'm surprised the gas pump vent is allowing you to pump gas at all!

BKING33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
1987, 1989
Truck Model
K30, Suburban
Engine Size
6.2, 6.2 turbo
If your spid label on glove box lid is legible, the code for a 40-gallon tank is NE2. If you don't have that code, then it's a 31 gallon.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bhardiman1