What are some options for mud flaps?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
My 78 came to me with flaps on it.... first thing i removed!
You must be registered for see images attach

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected
When I lived in North Dakota near the western border, Montana apparently had a requirement for large mud flaps on all pickups.

Every truck had them, so there must have been some common commercial supplier. They were usually mounted up behind the rear tires, and I assume there was a horizontal metal bracket bolted on as a support. However, I’m not sure Montana still has that requirement for light trucks.

Both the squarebody trucks I bought in Montana had mud flaps from the previous owner. Even on my dad's truck he has Peterbilt rear flaps and Yosemite sam back off front flaps.

full

full

They have since been ripped off after dragging the bumper thru the tank trap section at the local off road park.
Cops here can give a ticket if you have something like more than 18" from the fender to the ground. Not enforced unless the cop is having a bad day. I think I'm at 29" right now.

full

Last edited:

84GMCSierra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500
Engine Size
Found these on the Dee Zee site. I'm looking at getting some for my 84 C2500 eventually. My fronts are set as I have running boards with "built in" flaps

Attachments

• IMG_6770.PNG
    IMG_6770.PNG
    448.9 KB · Views: 33

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
Been thinking about some small ones. 3 reasons

1 - when I get back from the "farm", you can tell I've been there cuz of the cow turd smell on it.
2 - cleaning said cow turds gets all up inside the wheel wells especially on the bed. I'm surprised they didn't come with something like the front inner fenders for the rear.
3 - gotta spray down the driveway afterwards....and still the smell is there lol.

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
There used to be kits available for this. If they don't exist anymore it still wouldn't be a big deal to fab one up with some hardware store stuff like perforated angle.

We used front mud flaps from a tractor, which are sized for one wheel instead of the duals. You may recognize the logo.

Try to ignore the rust. :rolleyes:

oldretiredafguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
1988, 1988, 1991, 1983
Truck Model
GMC V-Jimmy, GMC Suburban 4WD, GMC Suburban 4WD, GMC-2500 CrewCab
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350
A friend of mine found a flap from an 18-wheeler on the side of the road and used a jigsaw for his rear ones. No too shabby. I don't know of any aftermarket.
I know we used to sell class 8 rubber flaps at OReillys; I think the size was 20x30. Bracket kits are available from any number of big truck parts suppliers. The ones we had were scored for easy size reduction.

Jawzjeep

Honk if parts fall off
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
I've always used welcome mats for mudflaps with the welcome side to the tire. I get them 'free' from my neighbors.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84