Varajet Idle stop solenoid part number

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LilRobert1367

Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone know of the Idle stop solenoid part number for a Varajet carb or a compatible part that will work?

justhorns

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
You mean this?

Attachments

• Library - 1 of 1 (3).jpeg
    Library - 1 of 1 (3).jpeg
    62.7 KB · Views: 18

LilRobert1367

Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Thanks! Yes that what I'm looking for. Does it have a part number on it or do you know the part number?

justhorns

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I went through the Rochester manual on the carb, and the part numbers aren't listed. So, I have to take my truck apart to get at it. Luckily, I am going to remove the carb for other work (i need to adjust idle mixture) in a few days. Can you wait a few days for the number (if there is one)

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
YOu have a rochester VARAJET? on what!? inline 6? if you wanted you could go back to a rochester 2jet with an older intake or maybe an adapter. But you need a solenoid, I have a couple varajets
You must be registered for see images attach

varajet or a holly? I have a holly thats a asimilar zize. Is the thing in the bottom right what you meant

justhorns

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
YOu have a rochester VARAJET? on what!? inline 6? if you wanted you could go back to a rochester 2jet with an older intake or maybe an adapter. But you need a solenoid, I have a couple varajets

varajet or a holly? I have a holly thats a asimilar zize. Is the thing in the bottom right what you meant
The bolt pattern on this Varijet II carb is weird, and you have to change the manifold, as there are no adapters available that I could ever find. The manifold is the head (they are integral) and you need to change the entire engines cylinder head, which I have, but After starting the new head project, I bought a 350 that I am now rebuilding instead. I rebuilt my varijet II and some parts like the float are very difficult to find.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
The bolt pattern on this Varijet II carb is weird, and you have to change the manifold, as there are no adapters available that I could ever find. The manifold is the head (they are integral) and you need to change the entire engines cylinder head, which I have, but After starting the new head project, I bought a 350 that I am now rebuilding instead. I rebuilt my varijet II and some parts like the float are very difficult to find.
is my picture there a varajet

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
@mikeoverland @Ken B you both have 1981 C10s with I6 in them, yes ? This guy here needs help and love and support
heres a pic of mikes i6

Ken B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
ken
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
i need confirmation of what part are we looking for. I have a I6 but not sure whats in question

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
i need confirmation of what part are we looking for. I have a I6 but not sure whats in question
The solenoid which I believe, i could be wrong, that kicks the throtle blade closed further than when the engine is running so that it prevents dieseling and run-on (because the throttle blades may not close enough with how factory set them)

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
The solenoid which I believe, i could be wrong, that kicks the throtle blade closed further than when the engine is running so that it prevents dieseling and run-on (because the throttle blades may not close enough with how factory set them)
I think you have that backwards. Holds it open when running. When ignition power is applied it pushes the throttle open to keep it running at the appropriate position. When the ignition is shut off it retracts and allows the throttle blades to snap all the way shut to prevent run-on(dieseling).

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
I think you have that backwards. Holds it open when running. When ignition power is applied it pushes the throttle open to keep it running at the appropriate position. When the ignition is shut off it retracts and allows the throttle blades to snap all the way shut to prevent run-on(dieseling).
that may be true, I guess when I Think of it, would power have to stay applied all the time to keep it "up" if so, i could see it being how I said it. but if not then idk. lol.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1987R10Man