Twin Traction Beam on a Chevy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
I don't know fords and didn't know about this until about 20 minutes ago.

Thoughts? I've come across a post with an early 90's Chevy conversion to it but nothing older. I also came across the below post about issues/fixes for them before the bashing gets outta hand lol.

http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showthread.php?t=9287

Some can tell where this is going LOL....making the 6L80 conversion a little more affordable. And making the ride a little better in these beast.

Half Assed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
D
Truck Year
1987, 1988
Truck Model
R20 3+3, V20 Suburban
Engine Size
'bout tree fiddy
TTB used to be considered junk. Not really the same attitude now.

A few of 4x4 van guys are using them to get a lower ride height and a better ride over over a solid axle. Plus a TTB can be found cheap or free.

You must be registered for see images attach

The desert racing guys with fords have used them for a long time since ford introduced it. Cheap strength of a solid axle with the travel of a decent independent suspension.

Plenty of tech out there to get a TTB to work better than stock.

If you know how to use it, they can work well.

They make for good junkyard upgrade parts too. Convert a 1/2 ton dana 44 or 10-bolt to 8-lug with TTB parts. Or convert a unitbearing dodge dana 60 to servicable wheel bearings and manual hubs using parts from a dana 44 HD TTB (F250s with a 460 or diesel). They have dana 44 center sections, but dana 60 outers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eatfood