Turn Signal Switch Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
My turn signal switch has just broken. I can only signal left, but not right. So I wander over to RockAuto, and look, and find two different AC Delco part numbers:

You must be registered for see images attach

And for the life of me, I can't figure out what the difference between these two might be, save the connector being white on one and black on the other.

Any suggestions for the correct part for my 89 Suburban?

Thanks for your help!!!

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
They seem to be interchangeable. They both have 10 wires and the same type of connector. Applicability shows 84-94ish for most GM vehicles and Kodiak trucks all the way to 2001. For what its worth, the D6225 seems to be twice the cost at the local parts store and unavailable. The D6262D is available for $50 and next day pickup at the local oreilly. I'd rather buy stuff like that through them, because rockauto doesn't stand behind any parts warranties and their sources can be sketchy. Oreilly will at least give you a 90 day warranty.

https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/...co-10-terminal-turn-signal-switch/acd0/d6262d

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
Tilt column or not?

Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
Yes to Tilt.

I ordered the D6262D, I will post pictures of the install if it is the correct part.

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I purchased the D6262D recently to replace the turn signal switch in my '74 C10 with a tilt column. I hung onto it for awhile and just today I tried to put it up to the one in my truck to see the difference. I suspected something was a lot different when I took it out of the box. What I found was the wire connector, the plastic thing holding the wires that plug into the female plug on the column, first off I noticed the wires were spaced out much further apart than the one in my truck. Secondly, I found the connector was much longer than the one in my truck and wouldn't fit the bracket on the column. Beside there were two extra wires on it that went to two contacts on the switch that go to something that's not in my year truck, it wasn't going to work for my truck.

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I just ordered another one, but before I did that I actually went out and got the part nunber off the original factory switch wiring and it's p/n was D-8-67. So I typed that in and up came one from carparts.com, and others, which I've ordered from before and they had good parts, for $24.99.
Now there were ones that said from '68 to '91 but that's crap. The one I first bought was one of those universal fit one's and they don't fit universally, you have to get year specific, or at least a narrower group of years specific to get the one that fits.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehef