Turbo 350 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
It would be rare that anyone could put the clutches in wrong. Unless they are one sided and have to go in an order, it pretty much doesn't matter how they go in. The steels only go in one way and are keyed, and the clutches go in, and then another member is clocked with the clutch teeth. This is the very easy part.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
It would be rare that anyone could put the clutches in wrong. Unless they are one sided and have to go in an order, it pretty much doesn't matter how they go in. The steels only go in one way and are keyed, and the clutches go in, and then another member is clocked with the clutch teeth. This is the very easy part.

Just thought I'd ask. Thanks

TIC

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
350cid
first i just wanna say your post of this tranny build is a great piece of work. that kind of info is priceless. i spent the past two days building my th350. had my laptop on the bench and followed your build step by step. i can't thank you enough for all the hard work to produce. if your ever in east TN. let me know and i'll buy you lunch. the only concern i have is the 1-2 accumalater spring, someone cut about 4 rounds of it, i have a car tranny i got the output shaft out of, its a newer lockup tranny i was gonna use the spring out of it but its much weaker the wire its made of is a lot thinner, much easyer to compress, also my kit didn't come with new sealing rings for the piston, the book i have say's if the rings are made of teflon not to remove. you said installing the piston would be tight, but it slipped in without any effort. i would really like your advice on weather to use the light spring or the cut spring or go get a new one. before in install tranny in truck. MIKE

TIC

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
350cid
i didn't have an alignment band for the pump, and already had the rest put back to gether so i couldn't flip it over and put it in the case, so i looked around for something to fit the bolt holes, i came across some hinge pins from a 94 S10 blazer they fit nice and tight in the bolt holes, in fact i had to sand a little paint of to getem in worked great.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Some people will use bolts with the heads cut off too. Twist them in finger snug. I also have a biggo worm gear hose clamp I use for alignment too.

rtkco

Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Stansanapolis
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Hotrod- I was hoping you could help me troubleshoot an issue I am having with a rebuild. I have reassembled the entire TH350 multiple times and continue to have zero end play, the stator shaft will not move once the pump is installed. Without the torrington bearing installed on the pump I have .050 and the stator shaft moves without issue.

All new bushing and thrust bearings and there are no shims in the trans currently- at the output bearing or at the pump bearing. The rear output shaft has end play before the rest of the trans is assembled.

Any thoughts?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchell1128