Truck Financing in the future?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Soundmound

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale
Engine Size
I just saw the insurance post and it got me thinking.... Historically, you could get a loan on a newer vehicle assuming your credit was good, but older, higher mileage vehicles were more for those with shaky or poor credit because most fly by night dealers could get you financed, albeit at exorbitant rates. Now, with the market being what it is, I was able to finance a 20 year old Silverado with 291k on the clock no problem at my local "big" bank. I wonder if we will see a normalizing of the financing of an old vehicle since new ones cost basically a house and are in very short supply? I mean a nice restored/semi-restored square seems to run between $20-35k which clocks in at about a half to a third the cost of a new rig. Wouldn't it be grand? We could all be driving nice classics with reasonable payment schedules instead of these plastic and paper new vehicles!! One can dream....

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I mean a nice restored/semi-restored square seems to run between $20-35k
Haggerty appraised mine (when finished) at more than twice that. Probably why I threw up at the quote. Cant see that being for real (mine is nowhere near original....newer motor, FI, etc), but never thought I'd see prices on anything the way they are either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurt54