Transfer case issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrSuburban

Reaction score
First Name
jim
Truck Year
i dont really know
Truck Model
suburban
Engine Size
Ok so here it is. I have a suburban with what looks to be a np203 with the fill hole just to the right of the rear drive shaft. When you hit the gas it rumbles and as your slowing down it sounds like something is clanking. When i got under my truck there is spray on the under body. I cant tell if it cam out the back of the tcase or it its from the u joint. Whats the best way to test this? Will removing the front drive shaft stop the rumbling? thats the only way i can think to test it is to remove the load. any suggestions??

Guardian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
c 10
Engine Size
Sounds like an internal issue with the gears or chain. I am not familar enough but one the the 4 wheeling guys will help you out, hang loose for a bit.

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
Check the mount bolts first between the t-case and mount. Mine were loose once and it was raising all kinds of cain. You can also drop the rear driveshaft and try to turn the output yoke and see if you can see/hear any excessive play in the chain. Make sure you have a 203, post up pics if you aren't sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistafishe