Trailer tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
For 15's, 12ply is where it's at :cool:

You must be registered for see images attach

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
Even 16.5? Lol. I m only getting 16.5 because I have 6 rims that I’m never gonna use and wagon wheels would look cool on a trailer
Yep, they were on the OEM 16.5 inch wheels.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I wasn’t referring to my tires. They are old, worn, large, heavy, wide, amd no doubt the weather checking and heat has caused the One to be on its last leg

his trailer that are 7x14.5 tires

I would expect them to be failure prone if they were still around in use ad he loaded his skid steer and tried driving that somewhere

I wasn't referring to your tires particularly either. Nor are all "trailer tires" the same. I was referring to, specifically, the OP's subject trailer which has light duty 15" wheels.
Also, add in UV damage to the equation. But in general, 15" & under light duty trailer tires are aged out by about 5 years. Less if subject to more UV or wear n tear, possibly more if stored inside and cared for.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
I personally have these on my car trailer which hasn’t been used much but I must say they handle sitting and being in the sun very well.

they are also noticeably make pulling way less yanking on the vehicle because it now has 4 matching height tires instead of 2 and 2 oddballs… both opposite side amd axle… and the side wall I’m sure and he ply rating. (8)

Red Rex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K 1500 4 WD shortbed
Engine Size
I personally have these on my car trailer which hasn’t been used much but I must say they handle sitting and being in the sun very well.

they are also noticeably make pulling way less yanking on the vehicle because it now has 4 matching height tires instead of 2 and 2 oddballs… both opposite side amd axle… and the side wall I’m sure and he ply rating. (8)

Bought some load range D tires from discount tire.

I appreciate all the responses! There sure is a wealth of knowledge heresy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JOD26