To Cut Or Not To Cut

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

custodian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
1973, 1985
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
5.3 LS, 350
I ordered the Intellitronix DP6004 red gauges Monday and received them today. I believe I'm going to use the existing wires and connect them and use butt connectors to connect to the gauges. I'll only have to run one wire for the oil pressure sensor since the 73 had a mechanical gauge and take the fuses out of the wire harness for the amp gauge.

You must be registered for see images attach

TPISly-C10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sly
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10 shortbox
Engine Size
LQ4 6.0L
i have a cluster already worked out and ready to install, it has an 95 G20 electric speedometer with a face plate from a C10, my granddaughter now wants digital gauges.

did the same here! :)

peats

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
john
Truck Year
72k5, 81c10 short step, 83k10 short fleet, 03 SSR. 25 chevy doodlebug
Truck Model
k5 c10 k10 SSR doodlebug
Engine Size
406 360 6.2 5.3 171
Seems to me that you are trying to put something round into something that was meant to be square. I don't see the advantage but that's just me.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Seems to me that you are trying to put something round into something that was meant to be square. I don't see the advantage but that's just me.
IF YOU JUST RAM IT HARDER IT WILL WORK.. RIGHT?

RRRUUUUU

Super-Dave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
@custodian,

There are some companies that make digital gauges just like you want mounted in a C10 that are wired for the Ls harness but they are very expensive. What you are trying to do will be difficult to say the least, but not impossible. The thing is making sure your harness is going to an appropriate rated gauge for the gauge you are going to use, i.e. fuel, tach, etc. probably more. You probably will need to install a ECM of some sort to make everything work together. These companies make the gauges that fit the C10 bezel so you won't have to cut yours up. You do not want to cut it up without some high degree of skill and planning. Are you prepared for that? I'm not saying you can't, but one mistake and suddenly you'll discover you've bit off more than you can chew. I speak from experience.

These guys here may know some of what's needed, I don't but have seen these dashes in my catalogs...they're high!

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
@custodian,

I did a bit of looking and found a good one, Dakota Digital in the Oct. Hot Rod magazine. I also found it in the Eckler's catalog for your truck bezel for $755.97....told 'ya. They had your bezel with digital gauges for a LS swap. It had senders that wire into all your basic stuff HEI dist., oil pressure, etc.. @Auroragirls's recommedation of Intellitronix for $395.99 but you had a choice of color back grounds for the gauges, i.e. Blue, Red, Green, and White. Also, Autometer has digital gauge sets, in their "Invision Digital Dash" for your bezel in a host of different styles.

So they're out there but for a group of money. It would be cool and a lot of people have been putting digital gauges in Chevy trucks and cars for a long time so there is a mountain of info on how to do it.

Last edited:

custodian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
1973, 1985
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
5.3 LS, 350